Solved

SMS Deliverability - Device Disconnected

• 12 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I have an SMS flow launching today and I entered myself into the flow last night to test it. I received my opt-in messages, but the first SMS message failed to deliver due to "Device Disconnected" and I'm in the "Waiting" status for the second message.

My device is definitely still connected and I need help troubleshooting so this doesn't happen to my customers who opt-in today.

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 13 July 2022, 05:44

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @torip,

Thanks for sharing your question with us, understand the urgency and hope to help out here! 

Typically, the "Device Disconnected" error message could come up in a few different instances:

• The destination number you are trying to reach is unknown and may no longer exist.
  • The device you are trying to reach is not on or does not have sufficient signal.
  • The device cannot receive SMS (for example, the phone number belongs to a landline)
  • There is an issue with the mobile carrier

However, if neither of this issues are a possible solution, additionally I would recommend investigating these additional possibilities :

I can see that you also opened a ticket with our support team and a member has recently reached out to you with a response. Happy to hear! Would you mind letting the Community know whenever you discover the solution, it could help other peers in a similar situation in the future! 

Finally, these additional resources on SMS might be helpful for continued learning: 

Thanks for participating in the Community,

-Taylor