Solved

SMS Skipped - Unable to Send SMS

• 16 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
  • Contributor I
  • 1 reply

Hi Community.

I’ve created an SMS campaign to send, Canada based. All profile Consent was obtained and imported, my toll-free number is not verified (but I read that meanwhile it’s under process of verification, I can still send SMS). However, once I clicked send after awhile it prompted SMS skipped - unable to send SMS. 

I also tried un-clicking smart send to give it a try, still does not work.

Any idea what’s the issue here? 

Any help would be appreciated!

icon

Best answer by David To 17 July 2021, 15:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @DSC,

For more direct assistance, I would suggest reaching out to Klaviyo support to have a closer look at your account and investigate this issue further. 

Let us know how this goes and what the solution was to share with other Community Members who may be running into the same issue you have. 

Thanks for being a member of the Klaviyo Community!

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @DSC,

Thanks for being a Klaviyo Community Member!

SMS being skipped with the reason of Unable to Send SMS typically indicates Klaviyo ran into an unexpected error during send time as detailed in the Understand the Skipped Reason for a Flow Message Help Center Article. From my experience, another reason why this can occur is if Klaviyo or these carriers has detected content within your SMS message that violates SHAFT regulations. You can learn more about what is considered a violation of these regulations from SMS and MMS Prohibited Content and SMS Filtering by Wireless Carriers Help Center Articles.

An example of this would be if your SMS message contained marketing material advertising CBD products. When attempting to send this message, because Klaviyo is aware that this SMS would be blocked by the carriers, Klaviyo will actually prevent the SMS from being sent out as to not adversely impact your SMS deliverability from being blocked by the carriers. 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +2

Hi David, 

But I also try to run some test (using myself as 1 sent recipient),  no words or content mentioning CBD products..still it seems like it’s not sending. 

Is there a tech support line I can contact at all?

Thanks for your response.