Solved

SPLIT TEST WITH SURVEY

• 13 May 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hello and thank you very much for your attention, I had a rather peculiar question, I don't know if it is possible to do this with klavyio (maybe it can be done via some indirect turnaround).

my question is about SPLIT TEST YES/NO.

I wanted to do a large sequence of emails for a specific customer segment. 

But it is very important to understand how to activate this YES/NO split.

I have seen through klavyio's metrics what are the conditions to activate the split and they are only those shown in the following link.

https://www.klaviyo.com/analytics/metrics

personally i wanted to put a specific interactive survey to activate that specific condition.

i try to explain better.

I wanted to make them go in the condition YES

only.

who opened the email, I wanted to put an interactive poll; for example have you read article X?

YES NO

who clicked on the YES button

YES

went in a whole flow dedicated to the condition YES.

INSTEAD THOSE WHO WENT IN THE SPLIT TEST DID NOT.

1)Who clicked NO went in the Flow SPLIT TEST NO.

2)All those who did not interact with the interactive survey.

3)All those who did not open the email.

My problem is as follows.

1)is it possible to put as split test an interactive poll? and who does certain actions goes in the split YES/NO?

2)is it possible to add more triggers to follow one of the two ways of the Split Test?

i hope i have been clear and that you can solve this problem.

thank you for your attention and I cordially send you my regards

icon

Best answer by Dov 14 May 2021, 17:19

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Beppe1000,

Thank you for your follow-up note.

1. & 2. The ‘profile_property’ is simply the property name assigned to the profile when the user clicks the button, and the ‘property_value’ is the value assigned to the property when the user clicks the button. For example, if you used the snippet below, using a ‘property_name’ of “Favorite Color” and the ‘property_value’ of “Blue”, and the user clicked on the button: {% update_property_link 'Favorite Color' 'Blue' 'www.mywebsite.com' %}  you will see the following on the profile:
  1. No, the links do not have to be the same.
  2. Yes, you can put any re-direct link you wish. But you must include a re-direct link of some kind.
  3. A user will first need that property on the profile before you see it as an available option under “properties about someone”. You can manually add the same property to your profile so it will appear in the dropdown menu as an option to select for the conditional split.

For point number five, you can manually add individual custom properties by navigating to the profile you wish to add a property to. Select Add next to Custom Properties.

add_custom_property.png

This will generate a modal where you add a Property and Value. For example, you can input the custom property: Favorite Color and value: Blue. Then select Add Property to add this to the profile.

favorite_color.png

Thanks and have a great day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Beppe1000,

Thank you for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community.

We can achieve this in Klaviyo using a flow and adding two buttons, “Yes” and “No” to a Klaviyo flow email. Above the buttons, like you described, you’ll have a prompt in a text block like “Have you read article X?”. Using a snippet of code in each button (I recommend reading this article in full), you can log a unique custom property for each user based on their selection. The snippet of code is: 

{% update_property_link 'profile_property' 'property_value' 'redirect_link' %}

For example, you will replace ‘profile_property’ with ‘Read Article’ in the ‘Yes’ button, and replace ‘profile_value’ with ‘Yes’ and you must also add a re-direct link to replace ‘redirect_link’.

You’d then repeat the process for the ‘No’ button -- replacing ‘profile_property’ with ‘Read Article’ but this time using ‘No’ under ‘profile_value’ and then use a re-direct link back to your site, perhaps to the page with the article so they can read it. See an example below taken from the article on adding this code to a button block.

Next, add a time-delay in the flow to give the user time to interact with the email, by default let’s say 2 days.

Then, you add a conditional split to the flow “Properties about someone > Read Article equals Yes”. Those that have read the article will go down the ‘Yes’ path of the flow where you insert another email. Those that have not read the article will go down the ‘No’ path of the flow where you insert another email.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

Badge +2

HELLO THANK YOU FOR THE PROFESSIONALISM AND AVAILABILITY DEMONSTRATE.I still have some doubt problem that I have not understood to resolve:1)'profile_property': is the 'profile_property' a list of customer segments that is created automatically simply by giving the name to the list 'profile_property' or do I have to create it on klavyio somewhere first?I have created one directly on my test but in the generic I find problems.2) 'property_value' : it is simply what I have to write inside the button and it can be seen visually (what the reader of the email reads)3)'redirect_link': do the links between the two associated buttons have to be the same or can I make them different?4) 'redirect_link': can I put a 'redirect_link' outside of the site I have associated with klavyio?
this is the problem that more is bothering me.5) Properties about someone: 
i can't find when i create the 'conditional split' with Properties about someone> profile_property
I can't find the name of my "profile_property" that I named in the previous email on the buttons. this is the most insidious problem that I can't solve or understand how to do.

Badge +2

HELLO THANK YOU FOR THE PROFESSIONALISM AND AVAILABILITY DEMONSTRATE

.I still have some doubt problem that I have not understood to resolve:

1)'profile_property': is the 'profile_property' a list of customer segments that is created automatically simply by giving the name to the list 'profile_property' or do I have to create it on klavyio somewhere first?I have created one directly on my test but in the generic I find problems.

2) 'property_value' : it is simply what I have to write inside the button and it can be seen visually (what the reader of the email reads)

3)'redirect_link': do the links between the two associated buttons have to be the same or can I make them different?

4) 'redirect_link': can I put a 'redirect_link' outside of the site I have associated with klavyio?

this is the problem that more is bothering me.

5) Properties about someone: 
i can't find when i create the 'conditional split' with Properties about someone> profile_property
I can't find the name of my "profile_property" that I named in the previous email on the buttons. this is the most insidious problem that I can't solve or understand how to do.

Badge +2

Hi @Beppe1000,

Thank you for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community.

We can achieve this in Klaviyo using a flow and adding two buttons, “Yes” and “No” to a Klaviyo flow email. Above the buttons, like you described, you’ll have a prompt in a text block like “Have you read article X?”. Using a snippet of code in each button (I recommend reading this article in full), you can log a unique custom property for each user based on their selection. The snippet of code is: 

{% update_property_link 'profile_property' 'property_value' 'redirect_link' %}

For example, you will replace ‘profile_property’ with ‘Read Article’ in the ‘Yes’ button, and replace ‘profile_value’ with ‘Yes’ and you must also add a re-direct link to replace ‘redirect_link’.

You’d then repeat the process for the ‘No’ button -- replacing ‘profile_property’ with ‘Read Article’ but this time using ‘No’ under ‘profile_value’ and then use a re-direct link back to your site, perhaps to the page with the article so they can read it. See an example below taken from the article on adding this code to a button block.

Next, add a time-delay in the flow to give the user time to interact with the email, by default let’s say 2 days.

Then, you add a conditional split to the flow “Properties about someone > Read Article equals Yes”. Those that have read the article will go down the ‘Yes’ path of the flow where you insert another email. Those that have not read the article will go down the ‘No’ path of the flow where you insert another email.

HELLO THANK YOU FOR THE PROFESSIONALISM AND AVAILABILITY DEMONSTRATE.

I still have some doubt problem that I have not understood to resolve:

1)'profile_property': is the 'profile_property' a list of customer segments that is created automatically simply by giving the name to the list 'profile_property' or do I have to create it on klavyio somewhere first?

I have created one directly on my test but in the generic I find problems.

2) 'property_value' : it is simply what I have to write inside the button and it can be seen visually (what the reader of the email reads)

3)'redirect_link': do the links between the two associated buttons have to be the same or can I make them different?

4) 'redirect_link': can I put a 'redirect_link' outside of the site I have associated with klavyio?

this is the problem that more is bothering me.

5) Properties about someone: 

Badge +2

to summarize is it possible to make a split test with survey?