Solved

Start Flow With Imported Contacts

• 20 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I have a flow set up for my new subscribers. However, my sign up form is through a different app so I import them as I receive them. How do I initiate a flow with imported contacts? The trigger is set for when someone joins the list. But since it’s manual, it doesn’t seem to be picking it up.

icon

Best answer by Julia.LiMarzi 22 November 2021, 16:27

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @alexac314, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Klaviyo list-triggered flows should send to contacts that are imported to the trigger list. If this is not happening, check that you are importing these contacts to the same list that is triggering the flow, and check any trigger filters or flow filters that may be blocking your contacts from receiving the flow. 

For example, it’s common to have a condition that checks for list membership or consent. If your flow has a condition such as what someone has done > has subscribed to list, all recipients may be blocked from your flow since you manually add your contacts and therefore, no one has taken an action to subscribe. 

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @alexac314,

Thanks for sharing this with us and thank you @Julia.LiMarzi for your helpful reply.

Hi @alexac314, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Klaviyo list-triggered flows should send to contacts that are imported to the trigger list. If this is not happening, check that you are importing these contacts to the same list that is triggering the flow, and check any trigger filters or flow filters that may be blocking your contacts from receiving the flow. 

For example, it’s common to have a condition that checks for list membership or consent. If your flow has a condition such as what someone has done > has subscribed to list, all recipients may be blocked from your flow since you manually add your contacts and therefore, no one has taken an action to subscribe. 

I hope this helps!

In addition to Julia’s recommendations, I also recommend double-checking your flow emails’ statuses, and the smart sending feature for these flow emails. These could also be potential reasons why users are not entering your flow or receiving your flow email.

First, the flow email status should have been “live” when the email was due to send in order for this email to automatically be dispatched. If it was in “manual” mode, the user would be in Needs Review status. And would require you to manually dispatch that email to the user. If the email was in “draft” mode, it would have skipped the user altogether. You can check the status of the flow email (live, manual or draft) by looking at the dropdown menu after clicking on the email in the flow.

Another factor to consider is if smart sending for your flow email(s) is enabled. By default, if a profile has received any other emails in the last 16 hours, it will be skipped from an email with smart sending enabled. To verify if your profile was skipped due to smart sending, I recommend clicking into the flow analytics. This can be achieved by clicking on the flow email itself and then clicking View All Analytics on the left-hand side.

Next, click on Recipient Activity > Skipped. You will see all skip reasons here, including if the user was skipped due to smart sending (or another reason) for that particular flow email. If smart sending was the culprit. you can disable smart sending for this flow email to prevent future skips for this reason. There may be other skip reasons here that prevented your email from getting this flow email, I recommend having a look at those here.

If you still have questions or doubts after reviewing the above, please follow-up with some additional screenshots of your flow and any existing filters/conditional splits and we can have a closer look.