Solved

Stray lines in Outlook 2016

• 7 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi, I have an issue with rendering in Outlook 2016.

This is using the built in builder, rather than custom HTML.

I have lines appearing between blocks (but not all blocks) - in this case a text box and a button box. There are no boarders applied and the background colour is set to white.

Some examples are below. Could anyone shed any light on this please?

Many thanks

Tom

Version rendered in Outlook:

Here’s how it looks in the builder and in Gmail/Apple Mail.

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 7 February 2022, 18:58

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @tomalloyd 

Thank you so much for asking the Klaviyo Community for help with your email in Outlook.

Outlook sometimes skews HTML emails because all versions since Outlook 2007 use Microsoft Word to render HTML/CSS. Because of this, an email display may look slightly off in newer versions of Outlook from what you initially design and preview in Klaviyo. Check out the article i linked above as it gives further explanations to why this happens in Outlook. There are additional resources in the article to help you solve these challenges. Also check out these other community post about similar issues!

Thank you so much for being part of the Klaviyo Community!

Badge +2

That’s helpful thanks very much Stephen

Tom

Badge

i have the same issue but did some more tests to be sure something in klaviyo is the issue.

the images below are the exact same code on (1) klaviyo and (2) mailchimp. both send as test emails and opened in the latest version of outlook notice the big white lines on klaviyo version only.

Also tested sending the .html code using the PHP mail function, no issues or white lines on outlook either.

outlook version im using is Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise

Klaviyo:

Mailchimp:

Badge

Hi @tomalloyd, I have the exact same issue with the lines. 

Can I ask if you found a solution or work around?

Thanks, Maartje