Solved

Subscription Reminder Emails

• 14 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

We manage an account for a company that has product subscriptions (Weekly, every 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks, 8 weeks, and 12 weeks). 

We have been trying to set up different flows for each of these subscription variations but are still having some issues. 

Course of action example: 

The conditional split is allows for someone to be removed from the flow IF they have “Cancelled Plan” at least once since starting this flow, “Ship Now and Reschedule” at least once since starting this flow, “Skip Next Order” at least once since starting this flow, “Cancelled Order” at least once since starting this flow, “shipping_date_change” is in the next 3 days, and “Subscription next shipping date change” at least once since starting this flow. (NOTE: the conditions in red are also custom conditions we have added)

All conditions that in green have been working well. However, the conditions in red are where we are having trouble. Several of our customers choose to “shipping_date_change” (eg. moving the payment date from May 1st to May 22nd) or “Subscription next shipping date change” (eg. moving the subscription from every 2 weeks to every 6 weeks).

Is there a different custom condition that would work better for these scenarios? 

• (eg. moving the payment date from May 1st to May 22nd)
    • Action would be to remove the user from the flow and add them back to the flow at the appropriate time.
  • (eg. moving the subscription from every 2 weeks to every 6 weeks).
    • Action would be to remove the user from the flow and add them to a alternate flow set up for one of the other subscription variations. 

OR is there a better way to send subscription reminders with these type of subscription variations where users can cancel, move the payment date, move the order on hold, etc.? 

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by David To 15 October 2021, 16:19

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @DGroupKB,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

I think the first thing we need to understand this situation is are these conditions within your split separated by an AND or OR conditions. Depending on how each of these conditions are separated is crucial as using an AND versus an OR or vice-versa can drastically change the outcome of your conditional split and how it behaves. 

In addition, I would also question how these “shipping_date_change” and “Subscription next shipping date change” metrics are triggered and are they triggering consistently. Since these two events/metrics are custom, I would suggest investigating further how they are recorded to understand more about these events and what they entail. After learning how these events are triggering, I would further recommend manually testing and triggering these events to make sure they are triggering consistently to be a viable condition to be used in your flow. 

Lastly, was there any particular reason you wanted to use a condition split versus flow filters to remove contacts from the flow should they cancel or update their subscription? Keeping in mind that flow filters are evaluated every step of the flow and therefore even without a conditional split, with the correct flow filter rules in place, contacts must qualify for them else they would be removed from the flow automatically. For example using a flow filter rule of “What someone has done, Cancelled Order zero since starting this flow” would cause contacts who cancelled their order since being in the flow to automatically be removed from it. 

I would further suggest taking a look at the following Help Center articles that may prove helpful in further understanding AND/OR conditions and flow filter and conditional split conditions:

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +2

Hello David, 

Thank you so much for your help! We will be looking into all of your suggestions. 

Best,

DGroupKB