Solved

Syntax errors

• 24 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +3
  • Problem Solver II
  • 13 replies

Anyone have the secret to how to solve syntax errors in a template? They suggest looking for spelling errors or a problem with the campaign message, but I’m not any wiser. I’ve tried 3 different templates with the same result, so has to be something I’m doing I’m not aware of. Would be nice to one day finally send out my email!

icon

Best answer by Kwei 25 March 2022, 16:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Kwei

Welcome to the Community! Sorry for the frustration you’re experiencing, would love to help! 

Do you mind sharing what exactly the syntax error says? This can help us narrow down the problem and find a solution here! Our documentation on troubleshooting email template error messages walks through a lot of possible issues. I’d also check out similar Community posts that walk through syntax errors in templates, maybe one of these is your exact issue!

Thanks for sharing your question with the Community! Hope this helps!

-Taylor 

Badge +3

Actually I found out that it was the very last line of the page where the address is. It said “unable to parse ‘1355’ from ‘1355 N Mentor Ave Pasadena 91104.’ So when I deleted the whole address, the syntax error resolved. The address is on the website and so not totally necessary on the email.