Solved

Testing Shopify Order through Bogus Gateway - Klaviyo Emails not showing.

• 25 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I’m looking for some help with my webstore and how it links with Klaviyo.

I have set my Shopify store to test mode and created a test order through Bogus Gateway. When i placed the order, i was expecting to receive a confirmation email in the styling i had set in klaviyo for “Confirmed Orders” - however, it was just the standard Shopify confirmation email.

Hopefully this makes sense and someone is able to offer some advice.

Much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 26 August 2022, 00:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @jamieeverall 

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community! Happy to help with you order confirmation emails with Shopify!

It is possible to send transactional emails through Klaviyo but there are a few key points to remember: 

Once you have configured all the content in your order confirmation flow in Klaviyo, you must first contact our Customer Support team and use the subject line "Transactional Email Request" so that the email(s) reach the appropriate team for review. In your message, include:

• URL link(s) to the flow(s)
  • Flow name(s)
  • Subject line of the email(s) that are transactional

The internal review process for transactional emails is stringent. Because a transactional email will still send to unsubscribed recipients, it is important that only essential, non-marketing emails have this status enabled.

Once support verifies that your email is transactional, you will see a green badge on the email card. You will also see the transactional status enabled for a given email under the email’s settings.

A flow builder in Klaviyo depicting an email action verified as a transactional email with a green checkbox on left

Be sure to turn Smart Sending off for transactional flow emails. This ensures that your customers will receive the transactional message, regardless of any other marketing or transactional messages they have received within your Smart Sending window.

The next key point is that if you are going to be sending transactional emails through klaviyo,  you must turn these notification emails off in Shopify so your customers don’t receive two emails. If you don’t want to configure your transactional emails through a flow you can build and export your confirmation emails through Shopify. 

Hope this helps! Thank you again for being part of the Klaviyo Community!

Badge +1

Hi Stephen,

Thanks so much for the detailed explanation - are you also able to let me know how i disable the Shopify notifications to avoid the double emails?

Thanks,

Jamie

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @jamieeverall 

Absolutely!  There is another help center article on how to disable shopify notifications  

Badge +1

I still seem to be getting two lots of emails. Im trying to eliminate any shopify styled emails going out when someone signs the newsletter / makes an order / an order is shipped.

im also getting the email for Order Shipped before the Order Confirmation email which is really strange.

Is there a way i can give permission for someone to take a look?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @jamieeverall 

Sorry for my delayed response, as I was out of office. You can open a Support ticket and have one of our product experts access your Klaviyo account.