Solved

update "unsubscribe" font color

• 4 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

I tried to update the unsubscribed: {% unsubscribe%} font color in the email , but failed. It works on other hyperlink but not the unsubscribed syntax, any tricks to change the color ? 

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 4 February 2022, 20:40

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @pmjchan,

Thanks for posting to the Community! Hopefully I can help with your customization question.

The unsubscribe link text color can be changed by updating the source code. The below code can be inserted to update the color. 

<a href ="{% unsubscribe_link %}" style="color: red;">Unsubscribe here.</a> 

You can style the text for an unsubscribe however you'd like inside of the text editor.

To customize the text for the generated link:

1. Insert the tag: {% unsubscribe %}
  2. Add two single quotation marks after unsubscribe with the text you want: {% unsubscribe 'YOUR UNSUBSCRIBE TEXT' %}

If you need even more control, you can add a tag to provide only the URL for your unsubscribe link. For this, place the unsubscribe tag within <a href></a> tags:

<a href ="{% unsubscribe_link %}" style="color: red;">Unsubscribe here.</a>

When a recipient clicks a Klaviyo unsubscribe link, they will be taken to a confirmation page to confirm the unsubscribe request. It is not currently possible to create a link or button that automatically unsubscribes someone with one-click.

​​?name=wUTP4eBwYm0uho3Q4rmydUgDf__1640%C3%97768_.png​​

?name=Edit_KL_TEST___Klaviyo.png

More information on the Unsubscribe link can be found here: How to Add an Unsubscribe Link to Klaviyo Emails

Have a great day!  

Alex

I have tried to update my unsubscribe link color multiple times and multiple ways but nothing is working. The link always shows up as a light grey that is almost impossible to see. I am actually trying to make the link MORE visible as I hate when other companies hide their unsubscribe links. Please help.

Badge +3

One of my accounts this is happening as well meaning only the “unsubscribe” is invisible. Will need to play around with the code but if you or anybody needs a quick fix, you can drop in a background color to the text that isn’t white and it seems to work. Not the most elegant but useful if you need an email to go out now. 

Badge

Hi - i am having the same issue using the drag and drop builder. I’ve tried several times but the unsubscribe link doesn’t change color, despite all the other text in the block changing color correctly. Does anyone have a fix?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Micbaxter

Happy to help! 

Do you mind sharing the steps you’ve taken so far to change the link color that haven’t worked?

-Taylor