Solved

Using Multiple Custom Properties to trigger a flow

• 23 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Please forgive me. I’m a complete newbie to Klaviyo. We’ve been using a Klaviyo developer to help us in the past but I now suspect, that they are not as good as they claimed they were.
I have contacted Klaviyo support, but 72 hours later, we’ve not had a response.
I think we are going to have to solve this ourselves and bring all our Klaviyo projects in-house and run and manage them ourselves

We’ve been collecting signups where we ask the user to give us 2 pieces of information.

1. their specific area of interest (entered from a drop down list)
  2. a calendar month (entered as a month in words from a drop down list)

How do we create a flow 

1. that is triggered 15 days before the start of the calendar month?
  2. where the flow messages are specifically targeted towards the the area of interest and send the user to area of interest webpages (the urls will be different according to the area of interest)?

Can anybody offer any help, advise or resource materials?

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 24 March 2022, 23:50

View original

5 replies

Badge +3

So having reviewed this
https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002732652-Guide-to-Creating-a-Date-Property-Triggered-Flow
I think our date has been entered in the wrong format

Is it possible to update customer profiles so that the month of interest is changed from 

January
February
March

to

2021/01/01
2021/02/01
2021/03/01….etc

(We don’t need to worry about the calendar year)

Badge +3

Moving forwards, our sign up form is currently set up as 

Label             Value
January         January
February       February
March            March

to get the date in the correct format for future custom property additions, should we set the value to

Label             Value
January         2021/01/01
February       2021/02/01
March            2021/03/01…..etc?

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @AirCooled,

You can make sure the date is formatted appropriately by reviewing this article

If you’re trying to target areas of interest, I would consider adding custom profile properties to a customer as they complete an action. Again this would vary based on how your integration and stores are setup.

Thank you!
Alex

Badge +3

Hi there @AirCooled,

You can make sure the date is formatted appropriately by reviewing this article

If you’re trying to target areas of interest, I would consider adding custom profile properties to a customer as they complete an action. Again this would vary based on how your integration and stores are setup.

Thank you!
Alex

@alex.hong - I have already reviewed the date format article before I posted which is what makes me think it has been collected in the wrong format.
Now I need to change the format of the already collected data and make sure all future date data is captured in the correct format.
This is what I need help with……..

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @AirCooled,

My suspicion is that there was something regarding the data type and formatting of your signup form that is causing a foundational issue. 
Upon further investigation, I have seen that there actually was a Support ticket opened and responded to regarding this matter from yesterday and today.

I would advise following up there as they have been able to take a deeper look into your account since we cannot do that here.

Thank you!
Alex