Solved

Using Trigger Splits in Flows- Avoiding customers getting two emails

• 25 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I have an abandon cart flow and I am using trigger splits to specify which products to serve the emails to. I have a trigger split that if checkout contains items (products) a,b,c,d,e,f, “YES” to continue with a sequence of three additional emails. If “NO”, then I have a another trigger split that if checkout contains items (products) g,h,i,j,k, “YES” to continue with a different set of three emails. But what happens if a cart contains item/product “a” and “h”. Would the customer get two emails? 

icon

Best answer by Manny Singh 25 September 2021, 15:41

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hi Malachi, thanks for joining the community. 

It sounds like with the way you have it setup if their cart contains both, then the subscriber would never reach the “h” email path because the first trigger split check sends them down the “a” path. 

So, they’d only get the emails from the first “YES” path.

Userlevel 5
Badge +34

Hi @Malachi,

If a cart contains both items “a” and “h,” the first item in the cart will dictate which Yes/No branch the contact will go through. In other words, they will not go down both paths and receive duplicate emails. @Mailbox Manny is right on the money!

Additionally, a way to test the flow logic yourself is to leverage (my favorite feature) - manual mode. With manual mode you can take the guessing out of your flow logic and see how your contacts pass through the flow without sending them a message in error. 

Hope this helps!

Julie

Badge +2

Thank you both so much for your replies! Quick follow up question if you have time…after someone goes through my first few trigger splits that contain specific products, can I just have the last “NO” trigger split have a series of abandoned emails without specifying all of the remaining products not already specifically mentioned in the first few trigger splits? So basically anyone with products in their cart that are not mentioned in prior “YES” splits will be getting an abandon cart flow.

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

💯 you got it! That last NO trigger split will be a catch all for any product that wasn't in the previous YES paths