Solved

Weekly repeating flow to remind segment

• 25 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi all - I am trying to remind a group of customers that we are in the local area on a particular day.

The segment will be people within a 5 mile proximity to a postcode.

How do I setup a Flow or a Repeating campaign so that I can email this segment every week on a Monday for example?

Thanks

Philip.

icon

Best answer by caroline 25 February 2021, 23:29

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi there,

Regarding the first part of your question, our Help Center article, How to Create a Location-Based Segment, should be helpful.

To make a flow’s emails recur, you would need to create a date property-triggered flow and you could then set the flow to recur on a monthly or yearly basis. Unfortunately, weekly is not an option for date property-triggered flows. You would also need a timestamp profile property that could be used as a trigger for the flow. One easy route would be to just use the preexisting “Created” date profile property which exists on all profiles and indicates the date that the profile was created in our system. Please see our Help Center article, Guide to Creating a Date Property-Triggered Flow, for more information on this option.

There are a few other ways you could approach this.

One option would be to use our Track API to send a custom event to Klaviyo every Monday and then create a flow to be triggered by that event. You can then add a location-based flow filter.

Another option would be to use our Campaigns API to schedule and send these emails. This would require that you programmatically schedule a campaign for each Monday. You could create a base campaign for these emails in the UI, including content pulled from a data feed in Klaviyo (see this article for more information about Klaviyo data feeds). That way, you could adjust the content without changing the template. Then you would send a clone request to the Campaigns API to clone the base campaign and send a schedule request to the same API to schedule your campaign to send at a certain time (the API assumes UTC timezone).

Hope this helps.

Best,

Caroline

Badge

Why is it so complicated? Can’t you just add a “Weekly” radio button?