Solved

Welcome flow #1 and #2 sent. But #3 did not. What am I doing wrong?

Badge +1

I created the first two emails in my Welcome Series and they sent out fine.  I was late creating email #3 so changed the default wait time to accommodate when I finally finished email #3 which would make it send on Day 9.  But it didn’t go out.  Everything looks fine to me.  It’s live, etc.  I don’t know what to do now.  

icon

Best answer by Tomb 6 June 2022, 07:29

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +15

Hi there,

I hope you’re doing well ?

I would say that the reason is that you may have the smart sending on ? 

Feel free to send me a private message to schedule a call if you need help or want to optimize your Klaviyo account

Cheers!

Badge +1

Thanks for your help.  Smart send is set for 16 hours or so, so I don’t think that’s it as it was set to send 7 days after the previous email.  I’ll just let it sit and see how a new subscriber is treated and take it from there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Hey Karen 

Welcome back to the Community!

Thank you @Tomb for jumping in to help! Smart sending is often the culprit but that doesn't sound like the case from what you said. Can you share a screenshot of the analytics for the email #2 & #3 in your flow? is anyone “waiting” or “skipped”? One thing to remember is that if a profile exited the flow before you set the new email “live” they will not receive that last email unless you back populate the flow so that it is sent to everyone who has already completed the flow. There is another community post that talks about sending newly added emails to customers who have already exited the flow. 

Hope this helps!

Badge +1

Thanks for your response.  No one is waiting or skipped.  Email #3 was not received by anyone.  It’s 0 across everything.  I played around with the “wait time” between the emails and don’t know if that had anything to do with it.  I’ve kind of given up.  I added my own name to the Newsletter list and received the #1 email.  I’m just kind of waiting to see what will happen.  

Just when I start feeling like I am understanding things… something like this happens.  I have checked and re-checked everything.  These were the sample Welcome Flow emails that I just kind of filled in the blanks and made it my own.   I did add a #4 on my own so I’ll see if that ends up sending to anyone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Hey Karen 

Im so sorry you aren’t feeling great about building this welcome flow. Just know that the Klaviyo Community is here for you! I would definitely try back populating the flow from the article I included before. This won’t re-send any emails that they have already received, it will only add them back into the flow where they left off. 

Badge +1

Thanks.  I will check out the back populating article.  I can’t get my photo to upload to show you.  I screen shot it off my Mac.