Solved

What are ALL the steps for multi-languages email and sms lists?

• 19 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

I really hope someone can help me. Here is my problem: my site is bilingual so all my content must be too (email, sms, pop-up, etc.). I've read almost every post on this topic, but can't figure out in what order to do it. What should I do first? And then? Thank you for taking the time to respond.

icon

Best answer by David To 19 September 2021, 16:20

View original

7 replies

Badge +2

Wow! Thank you so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @ArtifulBoutique,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

Like with any Klaviyo account, there isn’t an exact order you would need to follow in setting up email templates, signup forms, etc. for using a multi-language site with Klaviyo. As @Omar had mentioned in a similar Community post which you may have come across, is that it may be best sometimes to create separate Klaviyo accounts each connected to a different language site. Your Klaviyo credentials is designed to support multi-account access. That means you can use one set of login credentials to access multiple Klaviyo accounts as explained in the About Multi-Account User Privileges Help Center article.

Furthermore, if you do decide to use a single Klaviyo account to juggle multiple language support, the organization aspect will rely heavily on how you have separated out your multiple language speakers. For this, I would strongly suggest using a signup form in order to track and differential your customer’s language preferences. In addition, you’ll also want to create email templates which contain the same information, but in separate languages. One thing that can help save time in this process is the use of Saved Blocks. 

I’ve included some resources below to further help you understand some of these suggestions:

For further assistance in setting up your account, I would also recommend reaching out and finding a Klaviyo partner who can better assist in strategy and marketing assistance. 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +1

Hi there,

I am also having similar issues with a bi-lingual french/english site. It’s a start-up so can’t really do two accounts at the moment. I’ve created two lists, one for each language. This works fine for sign-up forms and the triggered emails go out okay in their respective languages. The issue I am having is at checkout. The customer emails automatically go into the “master list” when they purchase. How do i decipher which language the customers in here need? Is there a way of funnelling them into their FR / EN lists?

Thanks in advance,

Lauren

Badge +2

Did you create a sign up form with a radio button? You can ask what's the prefered language that way. 

Badge +2

I think I did all the steps. I just don’t know how to show french notifications. For example, when someone subscribe, it send automaticly an email in english to validate the subscription. I want this email to be in french of course. All this little details are bothering me. 

Can someone help me figuring it out?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @ArtifulBoutique,

Really appreciate you jumping in and participating in our Community!

@Les Petits Monaco, at present there wouldn’t be a way to funnel or decipher which language your purchasers prefer when being added to your list via Accepts Marketing at checkout. This is because this accepts marketing setting only allows you to select one list to add contacts to. Similar to a regular signup form, you can potentially edit the checkout page to collect their language preference to be passed as a custom profile property similar to what @ArtifulBoutique suggested. This would allow you to distinguish these purchasers by being able to create segments off of your “master list” based on what your customer’s language preference is by being tag with this custom profile property.

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @ArtifulBoutique,

The double opt-in confirmation email’s language can be adjusted and updated by updating the language setting associated with that list. You can find instructions on how to update your list’s boilerplate language from the How to Translate List Pages into Different Languages Help Center articles.

I’ve also included some other Community posts below that go over this topic as well that may prove helpful:

Have a great day!

David