Solved

What are deliverability best practices to prevent hitting the spam folder?

• 4 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

How many emails Should I send at a time? I have a list of 10,000 shoppers, is it safe to send all the shoppers email at a time? I don't want my email in spam, please suggest me the best practice.

icon

Best answer by retention 4 October 2021, 18:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Hi @Hamzaa - welcome to the community!

I’m glad that you are thoughtful about your deliverability and trying to avoid being marked as a spammer.  If you are just getting started with campaigns, you can do a number of things to “warm up” your account (and reputation) with the various inbox providers.  

There’s a whole article here on Klaviyo you can follow to get started with a large audience.  It assumes you’re migrating over to Klaviyo on a dedicated sending infrastructure, but you can follow the same principles:

In a nutshell, you can start by creating “Engagement Segments

An engagement segment is simply segments of your users you define by their recent activity.  For example, you can create a segment of people who have visited, opened/clicked, or made a purchase in the last 30 days.  Subsequently, you can make additional “tiers” of engagement from 30-60 days, and 60-90 days and so on.  Then, you can safely test your audience list against the first engagement, and look at the results.  If the performance of those are good, you can move onto the next tier and so on until you reached the right balance of your audience reach and engagement performance.

Another method is to take a “Random Sample” of your audience to create a smaller list to test with.  You can use Klaviyo’s “Sample Segments” which will randomly select from your main list:

If your results are good, you can create larger and larger segments until you’ve utilized the full audience based on the performance results.

The last question might be, what is a good engagement rate to continue to send to a list?  Klaviyo lists a nice chart that shows what you *should* be aiming for. You can see that chart here:

Don’t forget, it ranges by industry, so another handy thing is to compare yourself to others in your industry with Klaviyo’s Benchmarking tool.  Note, you may not have any Benchmark data until you’ve sent enough emails for Klaviyo to evaluate your performance.  

Hope this helps!

Badge +2

Hi @retention thank you so much for your detailed response. 

I am an amazon seller, how can I track my purchases via email campaign? Is there any option to track purchases on amazon via Klaviyo email campaign?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Hamzaa

I’d like to echo the previous ‘Welcome to our Community’! We’re happy to have you here! 

@retention hit the nail on the head communicating how to ensure you have a good ‘sender reputation’ and Deliverability Practices. I suggest checking out the articles he linked to absorb all there is to know so you can understand how to set your brand off in the right direction. Do you mind clarifying what you mean by ‘Shoppers’ are these users clearly ‘Opted-In or in a sense, said ‘Yes, I want to hear marketing from your brand.’ ? It is essential that you only send campaigns and flow messages to users who have confirmed they want to receive these types of emails. 

In a sense, to have good deliverability, ensure you’re following these practices in your business. 

• Send to Opted-In Subscribers Only 
  • Make it Easy to Unsubscribe
  • Create Engaging Content 
  • Make 30, 60, 90-Day Engaged Segments
  • Perform Regular List Cleaning 

Klaviyo tracks conversions through UTM tracking. Essentially, UTM tracking uses snippets of code, called UTM parameters, that are applied to your brand’s URLs to track how customers reach your site. The data and insights that result from this tracking will help you to better understand how customers interact with your brand across many different marketing channels. This allow you to track who goes onto your site to make a purchase, if, and only if, they click through to your site through a URL attached to your campaign. By default, the conversion period is 5 days, but this setting can be adjusted in your account's email settings. 

Unfortunately, since Amazon is public site, and not your own, the conversion won’t be attributed to your email. 

I would check out these other Community Posts by fellow users to understand more about Deliverability and how UTM tracking works! 

Best,

Taylor