Solved

What code is needed to be there in the order cancellation receipt???

• 26 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

I’m trying to setup a flow where we can email the customer once their order has been refunded.  I have integration setup with Shopify. My question is this What event tag to use that will pull the refund confirmation from Shopify? It is showing the wrong info in the email. What codes should be written to get the return invoice activated in this email. Right now it is showing the order receipt.
If you guys can tell me the code for that I’ll be very happy and delighted. I am currently working on this for my client.

I can’t figure this part out. PLEASE HELP!

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 27 August 2021, 18:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Awais !

Thank you so much for reaching out to the Klaviyo Community for help with this! Happy to help!

@jlytle asked a similar question in this post about Shopify Notification Emails. Since Shopify Notification Emails are designed to be exported from Klaviyo and sent from Shopify, they require Shopify specific syntax. If you are previewing your Order Refund template from inside Klaviyo, the syntax will not register properly. There is a Order Refund template in your Klaviyo template library that has the necessary syntax included. Here is an example of the Order Refund template syntax,

Also, the Help Center article I added will walk you through how to update these notification emails and includes a link to Shopify specific syntax that you can use to pull the information you want in your email. Also check out this other Community post on this topic as well:

Hope this helps put you on a path forward to solving this! Thank you so much for being part of the Klaviyo Community!

Badge +4

Hey @Awais !

Thank you so much for reaching out to the Klaviyo Community for help with this! Happy to help!

@jlytle asked a similar question in this post about Shopify Notification Emails. Since Shopify Notification Emails are designed to be exported from Klaviyo and sent from Shopify, they require Shopify specific syntax. If you are previewing your Order Refund template from inside Klaviyo, the syntax will not register properly. There is a Order Refund template in your Klaviyo template library that has the necessary syntax included. Here is an example of the Order Refund template syntax,

Also, the Help Center article I added will walk you through how to update these notification emails and includes a link to Shopify specific syntax that you can use to pull the information you want in your email. Also check out this other Community post on this topic as well:

Hope this helps put you on a path forward to solving this! Thank you so much for being part of the Klaviyo Community!

Hey @stephen.trumble!
Thank you so much for responding, 
If I put these codes in side the template which I have posted earlier in my post. Will it work? I am not very well aware of coding and stuff. I am trying to do this for my client as he has asked me to do that. He is asking me to put these codes in the template which he has built. 
Do advise me on this. I am trying to be consistent. In need of a solution badly! :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Awais ,

I completely understand where you are coming from. There are many users on the Klaviyo Community that do not know how to code, including myself! It can be a little intimidating at first, but thankfully with the articles I shared with you previously, including the shared image of the Shopify Order Refund Template, they give you the coding you will need for Shopify specific notification emails.

If you replace the code in your current template with the coding I suggested previously, yes it will work. The code I shared is specific to Shopify and is the required code to pull all relevant order event data for your Refund Order Notification. Make sure you are previewing the template from inside Shopify after you have uploaded it, as this is the most accurate way to make sure it looks the way you want it to. I would also start to bookmarks these Help Center articles as they will help you build consistency using different syntax, until you are more comfortable with using Shopify specific syntax. 

If you continue to have challenges I would also suggest reaching out to one of our Klaviyo Platinum Partners, who have experience and expertise you may be able to utilize until you feel more confident.

Hope this helps!!