Solved

What does "Has placed Order at least once over all time" mean?

• 26 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

...sounds like a silly question, but here I am asking it anyway!

This is the configuration on an abandoned cart email sequence using a conditional split that my business is currently running. If the answer to this is yes, I think it will then exclude *anyone* who has ever placed an order with my company from being in the sequence.

Others think it will only exclude people who have gone on to purchase as part of this sequence.

The difficulty I’m having is that not all users who have added something to their cart are receiving the emails and I think this could be part of the reason - that they have purchased before coming back and abandoning their cart.

Any help greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 27 October 2021, 18:51

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @socialhannah 

Thank you so much for coming to the Klaviyo Community for help with your flow logic. Happy to help.

First would you mind sharing a screenshot of the abandoned cart flow you are referring to? Please include the conditional split you are talking about so i can verify how you have it set up before I can tell you how it’s going to work and how it impacts your customers journey through the flow. I’ll be on the lookout for your response!

Badge +2

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for coming back to me. This is the flow we’re currently using - any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you

Hannah

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @socialhannah 

Thank you so much for following up with the screenshot! As you stated in your original post, anyone who HAS made at least 1 purchase ever will not go through this flow. If you want all your customers to go through your abandon cart flow I would use a filter like this example

This will allow customers to enter the flow regardless of past purchases but will remove them from the flow once they have made another purchase. So you are 100% correct, the reason that not all of your customers are entering the flow is because they have likely made a purchase in the past and the flow filters are set up so they wont go through the flow. Test out the filter condition I just shared, as this will allow all your customers to go through this flow!

Hope this helps!

Badge +2

Brilliant - thank you, Stephen!