Solved

What happens to historical metrics when changing a flow trigger?

• 15 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Back story

I have a welcome email that triggers anytime someone joins my master list. I want to change it to a segment triggered flow so when someone subscribes through the American edition of my website they get the welcome email in English.

Question

Since the flow has to be cloned to change the trigger, is it best to keep the draft version so I know open/click rate metrics before the change? Has anyone thought of this?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 15 April 2022, 16:18

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @vylla001

Thanks for sharing your question with us!

Yes, you are correct, you will have to clone the flow to change the trigger to a segment. When you clone a flow, you will be creating a net-new flow, so the metrics will start at 0. Are you looking to officially retire your old Welcome Flow attached to your main list and create segment-triggered Welcome Flows based on languages? If so, yes I think that would be a good idea so you can know what was the normal metrics when you had everyone flooding into this old flow and can get a good idea of what would be a normal open/click rate when there’s a smaller pool of users being fed into these separate segment-triggered flows. 

I would check out the other topics on segment-triggered flows so you can gain more insight on them. 

Thanks for participating in the Community! 

-Taylor 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Got it, thanks for the reply Taylor. I needed to get an idea on what the best practice would be.