Solved

What is the row collection that I need to use for browse abandonment emails?

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hi,

I’m struggling to find the “Viewed Product” event variable to use as the Row collection in a dynamic table.

Does anyone happen to have this?

When I click into “Preview and test” I can’t access the event variable for viewed product.

Thanks in advance,

Becky

icon

Best answer by Dov 5 July 2022, 15:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @BMBecky,

Thanks for your follow-up question.

Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to display more than one viewed item in the static table. This is because the Viewed Product event itself only “holds” a single item’s information (name, price etc.) at a time. If you wanted to display more than one item, you would have to use the solution you mentioned by inserting recently viewed items.

Thanks for being a community member.

Hi @BMBecky,

Thank you for sharing this question with our community.

Whereas the block for an abandoned cart message should be set to dynamic, the block for a browse abandonment message should actually be static. In light of this, you can actually just copy and paste the tags directly from the preview into the email without setting a row collection. But in order to see the variables/tags to copy/paste into your email, you’ll first need to first log an actual Viewed Product event (if you have any trouble getting this to appear, you can check out our help center guide on troubleshooting here & an additional community post on troubleshooting here).

We actually have a step-by-step guide on building the block for a Browse Abandonment flow from scratch here. You can also use the pre-built flow for Browse Abandonment which will do all the “heavy lifting” for you because it already includes the static block with all the tags pre-populated. Again, you’d just have to wait for an actual Viewed Product event to come through before you’re able to see the tags (item image, name, price etc.) populate in the block.

I hope that’s helpful.

Thanks for responding! 

Is there a way to include more than one browsed product in the static table for those consumers who browse multiple products at once?

I’ve seen the workaround of adding a text block to the bottom of the email with all other products browsed however we prefer to have them all in the same block (up to 5 products).

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @BMBecky,

Thank you for sharing this question with our community.

Whereas the block for an abandoned cart message should be set to dynamic, the block for a browse abandonment message should actually be static. In light of this, you can actually just copy and paste the tags directly from the preview into the email without setting a row collection. But in order to see the variables/tags to copy/paste into your email, you’ll first need to first log an actual Viewed Product event (if you have any trouble getting this to appear, you can check out our help center guide on troubleshooting here & an additional community post on troubleshooting here).

We actually have a step-by-step guide on building the block for a Browse Abandonment flow from scratch here. You can also use the pre-built flow for Browse Abandonment which will do all the “heavy lifting” for you because it already includes the static block with all the tags pre-populated. Again, you’d just have to wait for an actual Viewed Product event to come through before you’re able to see the tags (item image, name, price etc.) populate in the block.

I hope that’s helpful.