Solved

What kinds of flow should I create for offering an affiliate program?

• 29 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

I would like to set up a flow for an affiliate program automatically. What’s kind of flow(s) and segment(s) should I create?

icon

Best answer by ashley_mcdermott 29 June 2021, 21:48

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hey! Welcome to the community. 

For more context, do you have an ecommerce store? Would everyone be qualified to be an affiliate? Or is it like an ambassador program?

If it’s an ambassador program, check out this video with Sand Cloud:

https://www.klaviyo.com/readysetgrow/sandcloud

They rely on their ambassador program and send them through a welcome flow once they sign up.

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hi there,

Thanks for writing into the Community!

As Manny said, you can create an Ambassador welcome series to welcome new Ambassadors to your brand and provide resources and information for how they can get involved in their journey with your company. You may even want a VIP Ambassador welcome series for top performers or a birthday flow to thank them and wish them a happy birthday. There are so many unique ways to employ flows, so make sure to peruse the Flow Library and check out the Help Center if any questions arise while building them.

You may also consider creating segments based on their engagement as Ambassadors, similar to how we model engagement tiers for customers. You can then use these segments when sending campaigns or syncing with your social media platforms (e.g., creating Facebook Audiences). 

Some other resources that may likewise interest you include:

Best,

Ashley

Badge +2

Hey! Welcome to the community. 

For more context, do you have an ecommerce store? Would everyone be qualified to be an affiliate? Or is it like an ambassador program?

If it’s an ambassador program, check out this video with Sand Cloud:

https://www.klaviyo.com/readysetgrow/sandcloud

They rely on their ambassador program and send them through a welcome flow once they sign up.

Thank you so much! I will try to do that!

Badge +2

Hi there,

Thanks for writing into the Community!

As Manny said, you can create an Ambassador welcome series to welcome new Ambassadors to your brand and provide resources and information for how they can get involved in their journey with your company. You may even want a VIP Ambassador welcome series for top performers or a birthday flow to thank them and wish them a happy birthday. There are so many unique ways to employ flows, so make sure to peruse the Flow Library and check out the Help Center if any questions arise while building them.

You may also consider creating segments based on their engagement as Ambassadors, similar to how we model engagement tiers for customers. You can then use these segments when sending campaigns or syncing with your social media platforms (e.g., creating Facebook Audiences). 

Some other resources that may likewise interest you include:

Best,

Ashley

Thank you so much! I will try to do that!

Badge +1

This is thread is brilliant and glad to see someone is also thinking and planning along the same lines as myself. I am keen to setup this up for potential Ambassadors.

I would like to know the best way I can approach this given I’m already using Klaviyo with a WordPress website and Shopify store.

Are there any steps/procedures I could follow to implement this properly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @collossus 

Thank you for asking about setting up an Ambassador program for your children's furniture company! So happy to help with this!

Klaviyo does not have anything specifically for this but as @Mailbox Manny mentioned we have many referral integrations that would work with Klaviyo that are referenced in this post:

Also you could look at Klaviyos Influencers video here https://www.klaviyo.com/bfcm/cyber-weekend-prep-rally. This video will give you some great ideas on how to approach influencers in marketing heading into BFCM.

Check them out to see what options are out there to build your own Ambassador Program. Please come back to the community to share with us what you’ve done and your best strategies. Others in the community will find it helpful! 

Thank you again for being part of the Klaviyo Community!

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@collossus I realize this is a bit outdated, been a year since your post, but I saw that Ashley had included a link to the Gatsby / Klaviyo integration.

Gatsby was designed around this specific use-case you’re mentioning of automating ambassador, affiliate and influencer programs through Klaviyo. Plus its now one of the first integrations available natively in the Klaviyo Integrations directory!

If you want to learn a bit more about this: https://gatsby.ai/klaviyo