Solved

What to do when welcome flow and abandoned cart flow skip users or don't send

• 29 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hey everybody. First I want to say thanks in advance for any input or comments.

I successfully created a flow ensuring that it was live, and tested it out by creating a New Account. I created 2 Flows which were supposed to work. One was a Sign Up Flow, where a person should receive an email, welcoming them and thanking them for signing up. I used a conditional split, where a separate email would go to someone who has not ordered a product. 

I went onto my website and created an account. However, I did not purchase anything and therefore, I should have received an email but I didn’t.

I also created an abandoned cart sequence where the customer should receive an email when they leave checkout, without purchasing an item. This sequence consisted of 2 emails - one that is sent after 1 hour when checkout started and one 4 hours after that. However, when I tested this out, I did not get any emails. 

Does anyone know why this is? 

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 29 July 2021, 21:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @HamzaOFFICIAL ,

Thanks for posting your question to the Community!

I successfully created a flow ensuring that it was live, and tested it out by creating a New Account. I created 2 Flows which were supposed to work. One was a Sign Up Flow, where a person should receive an email, welcoming them and thanking them for signing up. I used a conditional split, where a separate email would go to someone who has not ordered a product. 

I went onto my website and created an account. However, I did not purchase anything and therefore, I should have received an email but I didn’t.

In this situation, creating a new account on a site will not add a user to a Klaviyo list. Therefore, an email would not be sent from a flow. However, because you are having users create an account on your site, you can work with a theme developer to get users submitted to a list if you want to funnel folks in using account sign-up and then use that list to draw from for your welcome/sign-up flow. We at Klaviyo would not be able to assist with that process but we do have an extensive list of Agency and Individual Contractors and Partners to work with! Also, for a welcome series flow, I would recommend starting with one of our prebuilt flows as well as checking our documentation on Creating an Email Welcome Series

This sequence consisted of 2 emails - one that is sent after 1 hour when checkout started and one 4 hours after that. However, when I tested this out, I did not get any emails. 

Abandoned cart flows can differ with how they work based on the integration you have. For example, Abandoned cart flows in Klaviyo typically use the Started Checkout, but you can also use Added to Cart if you have ShopifyBigCommerce, or WooCommerce. Besides that, other reasons that an abandoned cart flow might not work could be due to your existing flow filters or trigger filters on the flow, that may be precluding profiles from entering the flow. You can preview a flow trigger to see if user would qualify by using a flow trigger preview tool -- more details on that here. If there are no events coming through at all, this indicates that there is an issue with the integration that should be looked into further by our support staff.

Also, a way to check why your emails are not sending can be found in the flow analytics page. To enable this feature, once inside the builder for a given flow, click Show Analytics on the top header menu.

2020-06-05_12-55-50.png

When you enable Show Analytics, you will see all of the channel sending action cards expand to show embedded performance analytics. You will also be able to adjust the time range of data you would like to see. From that page, the Recipient Activity tab contains data about how people are interacting with your flow message. 

mceclip0.png

It could be that your abandoned cart email was skipped for various reasons. Some common issues are below but the previous documentation link provides additional detail:

• Smart Sending
    If Smart Sending is turned on for your flow message, individuals that have received another message of the same kind within your smart sending period will not receive the message.
  • Person Suppressed
    If someone is suppressed in your account, they will be skipped from all sends automatically.
  • Fails Flow Filters
    Klaviyo will apply flow filters when someone first enters your flow, but also again before each flow send -- those who fail the flow filters at send time will be skipped.

Finally, another reason that you may not see your emails is because they are going to your spam/junk/promotions folders. Here is a helpful video on how to avoid the spam folder for your future emails as well!

More information on creating your abandoned cart flow can be found in our article of Creating an Abandoned Cart Flow.

Please feel free to keep the Community updated with your findings and solutions that worked for your case!

Have a good day,

Alex

Badge +2

Hello Alex. 

Could you please guide me as to how to create a sequence where people will receive an email when they sign up and create an account? Or create a Sign up option so that they will receive an email when they have signed up?

Also, could you please guide me as to how to get my abandoned cart sequence working too? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @HamzaOFFICIAL ,

In order to create a flow that sends people an email after signup, that would be considered a Welcome Series Flow. Although we cannot provide step-by-step instructions here, we do have a large variety of resources in both our help center and very own Community! Additionally, the same goes for your question on abandoned series flows. In the previous reply and below are some great documentation on both!

Creating an Email Welcome Series

Creating an Abandoned Cart Flow

If you need more hands on assistance, I would recommend reaching out to our extensive network of agency partners.

Thanks again and hope you have a great day!

Alex