Solved

Which code snippet should I use to rebuild a cart for an abandon cart flow?

• 14 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi everyone,

I have an abandoned cart email flow set up with both a button and a hyperlink. What’s confusing me is there are two different redirects within them, and I’m unsure why? Also does anyone know how to test this type of flow before fully going live? Thanks Klaviyos!

{{ organization.url|trim_slash }}/cart?wck_rebuild_cart={{ event.extra.CartRebuildKey }}

{{ organization.url|trim_slash }}/cart

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 15 October 2022, 03:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @ricbrooks

Welcome to the Community! Happy to help clear any confusion!

You will need the code below for the button block’s URL as mentioned in our dynamic event data and the getting started with WooCommerce integration documentation.

{{ organization.url|trim_slash }}/cart?wck_rebuild_cart={{ event.extra.CartRebuildKey }}

You can test that your email is working by starting your own checkout and then abandoning it and seeing if the email renders correctly for you! You can add a flow filter to only send queue your exact email for the flow or  set your flow to manual,  which means that while users can be queued for the flow, they would only receive an email if you manually sent it yourself. 

Finally, I’d check out these other Community threads who had a similar issue to gain more insight!

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge +1

Thanks so much.

that looked like the correct one but for some reason one of the pre-built Klaviyo ones has this '{{ organization.url|trim_slash }}/cart'

Very odd but thanks for clearing it up 🙂