Solved

Which flow is the correct one?

• 5 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi all, 

I have 2 options to setup a flow. 

1. send email no. 1, wait 2 days, check if a lead clicked on a link in the email. if yes, send notification to myself. if no, send email no, 2. and so on. 
  2.  send email no 1, check if a lead clicked on a link in the email. if yes, send notification to myself. if no, wait 2 days, send email no. 2, and so on. 

the problem with option 1 is that it doesn’t send the notification as soon as a lead clicks on a link. but i want to receive the notification as soon as someone clicks on the link. 

the problem with option 2 is that i don’t how how long does the flow waits after send email no. 1 until it checks if a lead clicked on a link. like if someone clicks on the link 5 hours after receiving email no. 1, will it send notification or waits 2 days and send email no 2?

thanks 

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 5 July 2022, 21:26

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @tyler0032,

Welcome to the Community.

This would also depend on how the profile is tracked in your Klaviyo account and how this link is set up. You actually can't create a flow using a "clicked url" trigger directly. But what you can do instead is to create a segment for these contacts and then have the flow trigger on the contact entering segment assuming they are clicking an email to get to this link. For now from what I know, the first option is fine. However, since you are sending an email, you could just have a segment for “Clicked Email” to send a flow out as well.

Hope that helped,

Alex