Solved

Why does my Abandoned Cart Show an Incorrect Price?

• 22 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

My abandoned cart email currently shows the incorrect price (Possibly minus VAT), and in the incorrect currency ($ where I’m a £ user).

How can I fix this so it shows the recipient the correct price in their local currency?

Thanks,

Houssam

icon

Best answer by Manny Singh 22 September 2021, 15:03

View original

6 replies

Badge +2

I figured it out - it was using a past event when the price was slightly lower. My bad!

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hi! Check out this thread for the solution from someone who was having the same challenge with the currency:

And here's a thread with a solution to fix the price to show with VAT:

Let me know if that doesn't work!

Badge +2

Hi Manny,

So it turns out the issue isn’t VAT - it’s just showing the wrong price! The product is £42 and it’s showing $40 or £40 now that I’ve changed the currency.

I have no idea why it’s doing this...Any possibilities spring to mind?

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Check out that second link in my last message and see what it's showing in the event data and if you do see the correct price somewhere in that data.

DM me if you have issues with any of it

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @zachariah21 

Thanks for sharing your question with the Community!

@Mailbox Manny posted some awesome possible solutions to check for anyone experiencing this problem! Any user can now Update their Currency in Their Account to best reflect the currency of where their business is located. However, it is important to note that while Klaviyo adds a default ‘$’ to prices in Klaviyo, when currency is changed in an account, only the currency symbol is changed. Klaviyo doesn’t convert any value when a currency is updated. For instance, if your product price was $42 before the currency change, it would be £42 after. 

If your are still experiencing the wrong price reflected in your products after ensuring the issue isn’t with VAT, I would recommend checking the product prices in your website to ensure there aren’t any errors or discrepancies there as Klaviyo doesn’t change any information on prices, but simply reflects what is synced from the website. 

Let us know if none of this possible solutions work for you!

Best,

Taylor 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @zachariah21

Thanks for sharing your updated solution with the Community! Happy to hear this issue is resolved for you! 

Best,

Taylor