Solved

Why doesn't klaviyo receive SMS consent from Facebook or Instagram etc.?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi all,

I have about 40k subscribers with active phone numbers awaiting me to target and send sms campaigns to them. However, only about 90+ of them has consented to receive my sms according to Klaviyo.

Is there a workaround or do I have to send an email campaign to let those customers agree to receive sms through Klaviyo again?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 26 May 2022, 17:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Cr.oompp

Thanks for sharing your question with us, happy to help!

Unfortunately, Klaviyo does not collect SMS consent via Facebook Lead Ads at this time, which is why the consent didn't come through. However, I will submit this as a product feature request on your behalf. 

In the mean time, in order to add consent to the Profiles you currently have in Klaviyo that came from the Facebook Lead Ad, you will need to re-upload the contacts via a CSV file with their number and country. Later on you will be asked to click a specific button that says ‘Update SMS consent’ upon upload. This will add the SMS consent to the existing Profiles in Klaviyo and then you can start sending SMS campaigns to those who opted-in via Facebook

In order to start collecting consent in Klaviyo via Facebook, you will need to pass it to Klaviyo via a CSV file or  our List API. 

You can also  collect consent via Instagram by following these steps.

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @Cr.oompp

Thanks for sharing your question with us, happy to help!

Unfortunately, Klaviyo does not collect SMS consent via Facebook Lead Ads at this time, which is why the consent didn't come through. However, I will submit this as a product feature request on your behalf. 

In the mean time, in order to add consent to the Profiles you currently have in Klaviyo that came from the Facebook Lead Ad, you will need to re-upload the contacts via a CSV file. When you re-upload those contacts, you will need to include the appropriate SMS consent column. This will add the SMS consent to the existing Profiles in Klaviyo and then you can start sending SMS campaigns to those who opted-in via Facebook

In order to start collecting consent in Klaviyo via Facebook, you will need to pass it to Klaviyo via a CSV file or  our List API. 

You can also  collect consent via Instagram by following these steps.

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Hi Taylor, 

Many thanks for the help. One question though!

Will I need to add anything to the SMS Consent column? Or do i upload it as it is? If i’m certain that my customer list has already approve of the consent through Facebook.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Cr.oompp

Happy to give more insight! 

I would recommend taking a look at our documentation explaining How to upload a list of SMS contacts as it will walk you through exactly what you need to do step-by-step. We have recently update the way we update SMS consent since I last shared a solution, happy to share this out! Technically, there isn’t an SMS consent column in your .CSV file, but two required columns that need to be present in the upload such as:

• phone number 
  • country

For instance, this image was taken from our Help Center article explaining how you should format your uploaded file. 

While not required, I would strongly encourage you add the customers’ email to the .CSV file .If an email is not attached to a profile, conversions and attribution won’t be calculated correctly. Additionally, you can add First and Last name if you choose. 

Later on in the upload process, you will be asked to confirm that these contact have consented to SMS marketing from your brand and you accept legal implications as such by checking the option in the image below:

Hope this helps!

-Taylor