Solved

Why is My Browse abandonment message sending 5 times in a row?

• 22 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

*EDIT* Browse abandonment email sent 5 times in a row

I have been trying to test out this flow before it goes live using my personal email and I viewed 5 items on my store. When the time comes, I received 5 emails in a row, each with a different product that I viewed. I have tried applying “Has not been in flow in the last X days” and “Received email zero times in the last X days where subject equals Y” but it’s still not working. 

How can I solve this problem and make sure that only one email is sent out to my customer even though my customer would most probably view more than one product at a time?

Here’s my trigger and flow filter for your reference.

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 22 October 2021, 16:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Cindy

Thanks for sharing your question with the Community! Would love to help solve this with you as I can understand this is not a great experience for the customer. 

The reason why your profile received five different emails at once is because you had taken the trigger action of the Flow multiple times. This can happen when, like you experienced, a customer viewed multiple products in the same browsing session. To prevent this, I would first recommend enabling Smart Sending in Klaviyo that will prevent your users from receiving multiple emails back-to-back. Additionally, the filter “Received email zero times in the last X days where subject equals Y”, will prevent users from entering in the future, however, if this is their first browsing session and they have not received the browse abandonment email previously, yet viewed multiple products, this filter will not prevent them from going through the flow. 

Finally, to ensure your message will not be received multiple times, you can use an Additional Filter to your email to prevent a user from receiving it multiple times in a row. 

I’d also recommend checking out this additional post to gain more insight into flow troubleshooting! Hope this helps! 

Thanks for being a part of the Community! 

-Taylor 

Badge

would this not also solve the problem? choosing “has not been in this flow” option?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @thecompany88 

You are correct! Adding “has not been in this flow” would help limit the number of times a profile will move through it.