Solved

Why is my successful delivery rate so low on my campaign?

• 4 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

I feel like I may have screwed up somewhere… 

I sent a campaign to a list of around 50k subscribers using local send time (and 15 segments; excluding profiles that need to be suppressed and those that are unengaged. After all was said and done though, the estimated size to send to was around 50k.

There’s one time zone left to deliver to and the successful delivery rate is only 24%.

Is that normal?

I’ve noticed a previous campaign was sitting around 12% successful delivery rate last night and is now around 55%. 

Do I just have to wait longer?

I’m getting a little freaked out by not having 99% successful deliveries.

How accurate are the metrics while the campaign is still sending and how long should I wait before assessing the data?

icon

Best answer by Clif 4 September 2021, 18:36

View original

6 replies

Badge +1

Klaviyo reporting is malfunctioning at the moment so I would suggest you don’t overreact to the data you’re seeing for the time being. 

https://status.klaviyo.com/

Userlevel 5
Badge +34

Hi @notrick,

Thank you for reaching out to the Klaviyo Community!

Apologies for the confusion with your campaign analytics. Our regularly scheduled event processing maintenance has resulted in some unforeseen downstream systems issues resulting in analytics delays. You can follow the progress of the repairs here: https://status.klaviyo.com/

Once this incident has been resolved your campaign and flow analytics should return to normal. Apologies again for the confusion and please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions!

Best,
Julie

Badge +4

Thank you! Now that you mention it, I’m pretty sure I received an email about this. COMPLETELY forgot. I feel 10x better now lol

Still, does that explain the 24% successful delivery rate?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @notrick,

From the status page highlighted by @Clif and @julie.accardo, the event processing delay are still being repaired but are mostly resolved and in real-time. 

After the incident has been resolved, I would suggest reviewing your campaign analytics to see if the 24% successfully delivery rate remains the same. If so, then this may indicate a larger deliverability issue than just a delay in Klaviyo’s event processing. From my experience, the most common reasons why emails may not be successfully delivered would be due to emails bouncing. You can typically see the number of emails that were not delivered in your campaign’s overview page under the Total Recipient’s section with a reason and the number of contacts that the email did not send to. 

Emails bouncing typically occurs due to a wide variety of reasons either caused by your recipient’s inbox settings and setup themselves or if they were blocked by the inbox provider and thus considered not delivered in Klaviyo. Unsuccessful deliveries of email does not mean Klaviyo was unable to send the emails, but rather that they could not be delivered to your recipients. To learn more about bounces and the factors that may lead to emails bouncing, I would suggest taking a look at the About Bounced Emails in Klaviyo and How to Monitor Email Deliverability Performance Help Center articles along with the following Community posts pertaining to a similar subject:

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +1

Hey guys,

I too am experiencing this issue with a campaign sent this morning to a highly engaged audience of around 22000, it’s reading only 19% successful delivers.

Bounce rate - 0.2%

0 Spam complaints

The Klaviyo status website is showing that all maintenance is complete, am I missing something here? PLEASE HELP

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Smont.BillyBonesClub,

The Event Processing Maintenance that was scheduled to occur on Thursday, September 2, 2021 has since been completed and all reporting has been repaired. This incident also only impacted campaign sends during the maintenance period and shouldn’t be effecting recent campaign sends. 

Due to the low bounce rate percentage and number of spam complaints, I suspect this may indicate that your emails being sent are being deferred. Deferred emails occur when the receiving inbox provider delays accepting the message. This does not necessarily mean that your email will not be delivered, but rather that it won’t be delivered immediately. This can happen for a variety of reasons, but most commonly due to a technical issues with the receiving server. One clear sign that indicates your emails are being deferred is seeing the number of successful deliveries increase throughout the day as your email are being delivered by the inbox provider. 

I would also suggest reaching out to our wonderful Klaviyo Support team members who would have the ability to dive further into your account to see what may actually be occurring with your campaign. They’ll also be able to confirm if the campaign email is indeed being deferred or impacted by an unexpected incident which they can report and provide next steps on!

Thanks for being a part of the Klaviyo Community!

David