Solved

Why isn't my 'Sold Out' Button replaces when I change the replace_anchor to true?

• 1 September 2022
  • 2 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hi there,

I would like to replace the Sold Out button with the Notify Me button, but when I follow the steps in the blog post nothing happens - I still see both buttons like when the replace_anchor snippet was set to ‘false’.

Could you help me with this issue please?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 2 September 2022, 16:35

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @wahlec

Welcome to the Community and thanks for sharing your question with us! 

There are multiple reasons why you might have trouble with this. For instance, are you using a custom theme vs. a free Shopify theme? If so, our documentation on Klaviyo's Back in stock implementation that you linked will only work "out of the box" for Shopify's free default themes. Custom themes will likely require additional web development that you will need to have your developer implement or reach out to a Klaviyo partner to help install this for you if you are not familiar with coding yourself! 

However, if you are using a free theme, there are still multiple reasons why changing the replace anchor from false to true isn’t removing your ‘Sold Out’ and replacing it with ‘Notify Me When Available: 

Finally, I’d suggest you investigate this additional Community thread to gain more insight on possible problems with BIS. 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Userlevel 7
Badge +43

@wahlec 

Most of the times having a shopify / theme developer present will help a lot.

The functionality is pretty straightforward but you need to be sure to match the correct triggers.

Also for those products that have various sizes or colors on the same page (where you can switch on the same page) you need to make sure it updates when switching otherwise it'll only work if you either go to that variant directly or if you refresh the page when switching to a variant that's out of stock. 

Do you have a developer? Maybe share a page that has an out of stock product?

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Gold Partner