Solved

Why won't my custom dynamic table populate a product image for order/shipping confirmation emails?

• 26 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hello! I am running into a dynamic image error that I cant seem to understand. I have created a few different flows for Shipping and Order confirmation. 

When I create the flow and use their stock template for shipping or order confirmation and preview the template I get a dynamic product image to show up, but when I add my custom email template that I created with Klaviyo’s new email template design I can get everything to populate correctly except I can't get the product image to show 

I have copied over all the right tags that I need. 

the dynamic image URL ({% if item.product.variant.images.0.src %}{{item.product.variant.images.0.src}}{%else%}{{item.product.images.0.src|missing_product_image}}{%endif%}

The data source event.extra.line_items 

I copied everything side by side. But when I preview my design template I see that their are no Image URLS passing through, but there are image URLs passing through on klaviyo’s stock template. 

I literally have both emails within the same flow, but can’t get the Image URLS to pass on my designed template. Any help would be huge!

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 27 May 2022, 18:07

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @NicoPaper

Welcome to the Community, happy to have you! Would love to help! 

In my experience, when you are properly inputting the right tags and variables to dynamically display order information, yet there aren’t any errors in your syntax or workflow, I would next check to investigate if you are utilizing the right  event variables for the right event. For instance, I see that you mentioned you are creating custom templates for Order and Shipping Confirmation flows. While both flows are transitional in nature, they are triggered by different events. The Order confirmation is triggered by a Placed Order event, while the Shipping Confirmation flow is normally triggered by a Fulfilled Order metric. I would ensure you are pulling the correct variable when building your dynamic table block from the corresponding event data and trigger associated with the right flow!

I’d suggest checking out this Community thread of a peer experiencing a similar issue to gain more insight!

Thanks for sharing your question with the Community!

-Taylor