Will a "all-picture" email go to trash?

• 27 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
  • Active Contributor I
  • 11 replies

Hi,

I come across an article on klaviyo saying I shouldn’t use all pictures email, because they will go to Spam fold. Can someone on the Klaviyo team clarify if that’s true?

I usually have my design team to design everything in photos and drag and drop them. If that is the case, then I will have to reconsider the strategy

Best

R

icon

Best answer by Dov 27 April 2022, 16:18

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Rara,

Thanks for sharing this question with the community.

It is not recommended to use image only emails - as some email clients (Gmail, Outlook) have viewers select 'show images in email' in order to show the images, in which case the email will look blank at first - lowering click/engagement. It is industry standard that image only emails can trigger a spam response as well.

If you do choose to use image only emails, we do recommend adding alt-text for each image (also important for the visually impaired). More information on that can be found here and here.

More information on images within emails can be found here as well.

I recommend looking into the Klaviyo Showcase — a browsable collection of high-performing email and SMS messages that you can use as inspiration for your own messages.  The Showcase provides thousands of examples of what’s possible in Klaviyo as well as what has worked well for others.

We also have a thread on this below along with a short video giving an overview of the Klaviyo Showcase:

I hope that’s helpful.