Solved

Workaround to export SMS Conversations to .csv?

• 4 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi everyone,

I just confirmed with Klaviyo Customer Support that it’s not currently possible to export all SMS conversations to csv, but I’m wondering if anyone might have thoughts on a workaround.

They did say that “in Q2, our development team is planning on releasing a SMS to Zendesk feature.” Unfortunately we don’t use Zendesk, so that’s not much of a help to us.

Any ideas? This would really help us better track and manage our SMS conversations.

Thanks,

Steve
Disaster Recovery Connection

icon

Best answer by Steve V. 7 February 2022, 18:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hey @Steve V.,

Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for sharing your conversation with the Support team. You are correct that there currently is not a method to directly export all SMS conversions to a CSV. We have a How to Export Conversion Data that you can take a look at to see if that might be helpful. 
We hope to provide updates in this thread.

Apologies for the inconvenience,

Alex

Badge +2

Thanks for the response, @alex.hong. At first glance I don’t think the conversion data will help, but honestly I haven’t really dug into it.

The good news is that I think I found a workaround using the automatic emails that are generated when someone responds to a text campaign. I found an app called CloudHQ that can bulk export emails (Gmail) to .csv. It worked perfectly for what I needed, but there is a 50 email limit for free accounts and it’s quite expensive to buy ($599/year).

~steve

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Steve V.,

Thanks so much for the reply and for sharing the resource! Hopefully we can provide an update regarding this product update to you!

All the best,

Alex