Solved

Fulfilled Order, Cancelled Order, and Refunded Order

• 7 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi,

I was wondering If it’s needed to provide all properties of the order for fulfilling, cancelling or refunding an order? When the order was placed I’ve provided all the order data. Would It be enough that I used the unique $event_id and the event name to change the order status?

Best Regards,

W

icon

Best answer by caroline 8 January 2021, 18:27

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi there,

For custom integrations, you have a lot of flexibility in terms of what properties you bring into Klaviyo.

What’s “required” for these events depends on how you want to use the data. To include Cancelled and Refunded Orders in Customer Lifetime Value calculations, the events must have a “$value” property and an “$event_id” property; the “$event_id” must match the “$event_id” used for the Placed Order.

You also mentioned changing the order status -- to clarify, there is no order status in Klaviyo that will “change,” per se; you will simply have a Fulfilled, Cancelled, or Refunded Order event associated with the same customer profile which has the original Placed Order event. The “status” of the order would change in your e-commerce platform, not in Klaviyo.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,

Caroline