Solved

How to send an email to customers who bought a specific product on a specific date?

• 22 May 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hey Everyone!

I have an online store that has a single product. The product I am selling is a Webinar which is held one specific dates in the future. Each date that the customer has to choose from is a variation of the product. (See screenshot attached). I have also 

In Klaviyo, I can easily send them a confirmation email as soon as they purchase a place however, I would also like to send them a reminder email the day before the webinar. I am having trouble figuring out how to create this flow and possibly segment people into separate segments for each webinar date. This is firstly due to not understanding how to import custom properties related to the products profiles purchase but also not making sure that the date variation is imported to Klaviyo as a date type and not a string type. 

Please help me 🙂 I would really appreciate it. 

Thanks,

Phil

icon

Best answer by David To 22 May 2021, 14:31

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @happybabyclass,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

Since you are trying to send a one time reminder email to contacts who have purchased one of these classes, I would suggest sending these reminders as a campaign email scheduled for the day before the designated class dates.

You can do this by creating segments capturing customers who have purchased each of these class variations and then using these segments as the recipient group for your emails. You can create these segments by using the definition of “What someone has done, Ordered Product at least once where Name equals X”. For example, to target users who have purchased the “3rd July” variation, you can create your segment with the rule of: “What someone has done, Ordered Product at least once where Name equals 3rd July”. You also can replace “Name” with any other defining dimension you want. 

With these segments created capturing each of these variations, you can create and schedule a reminder email to be sent out the day prior of these classes occurring. 

As a bonus, you can also schedule your campaigns in advance to automatically send out the day before each of these class by designated the date and time you want the campaign to be sent out at. Keep in mind that if you decide to schedule your classes in advance, I would also recommend ensuring you are using the Determine recipients at send time option. This feature will allow Klaviyo to double check and re-evaluate the recipient list to ensure that it is as up to date as possible before sending. 

2019-08-05_09-41-38.gif

Thanks, and have a great weekend!

David

Badge +2

Thanks so much !!!