Solved

I want to generate automatic emails for reminder dates chosen by customers

• 10 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hello, my customers buy gifts in my store. For example, a birthday present for their mother.

I want it on the thank you page or in my account, on shopify. They can leave reminders for their daughter's birthday, her anniversary, or whatever. And that on that date an automatic email is sent every year.

How could I generate this?

icon

Best answer by Dov 13 September 2021, 16:52

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @milovan9926,

Thank you for sharing this question with the Klaviyo community.

You can use a date-triggered flow in Klaviyo in order to send a reminder before a specific date (birthday, anniversary etc.) This article covers how to create the flow, when the flow should start, when the flow should repeat and more. I also recommend reviewing our article on building a birthday flow specifically. This includes a section on including a message before the actual date i.e. in the week leading up to the birthday.

For more information on collecting dates from users, I recommend reviewing the solutions outlined by our friend @retention in this wonderful post:

I cannot speak to achieving the same functionality on Shopify’s end, however, I strongly recommend using Klaviyo to dispatch these emails because we have a robust system to make date-based emails possible for our users.

Thank you for being a member of our community.

Badge +2

Hello @milovan9926,

Thank you for sharing this question with the Klaviyo community.

You can use a date-triggered flow in Klaviyo in order to send a reminder before a specific date (birthday, anniversary etc.) This article covers how to create the flow, when the flow should start, when the flow should repeat and more. I also recommend reviewing our article on building a birthday flow specifically. This includes a section on including a message before the actual date i.e. in the week leading up to the birthday.

For more information on collecting dates from users, I recommend reviewing the solutions outlined by our friend @retention in this wonderful post:

I cannot speak to achieving the same functionality on Shopify’s end, however, I strongly recommend using Klaviyo to dispatch these emails because we have a robust system to make date-based emails possible for our users.

Thank you for being a member of our community.

I have a database with people who last year bought for a birthday present on a certain date

for example bought for birthday on October 1, 2020

How do I use that database and send them an email on October 1, 2021?

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @milovan9926,

Thanks for sharing this with us.

If these users are already in Klaviyo with birthdays set, when setting up the trigger for your birthday flow, choose Yearly for “When should this flow repeat”. That way these users will receive the email on the same day, (October 1st, for example) of each year.

image4.png

If they are not already in Klaviyo, you will want to first import them using a .csv file, and include a column header in the .csv file for birthday. If the birthday field already exists in your Klaviyo account, ensure that when you upload the file, you are mapping it to the existing birthday field. This will prevent a duplicate custom property from being created. Once the import is done and the birthday flow is set-up, live and using “yearly” for “when to repeat”, these users will automatically be pulled into the birthday flow on the same day each year.

Thanks for being a member of our community!

Badge +2

I am very angry, I have tried everything and it does not work for me.

So I have the profile (create a list with my email to test)

I did 6 different flows and no mail arrived. I did 1 at 3.30 pm Santiago time, another at 3.30 pm recipient time, another 3.30 pm Argentina time (in case it didn't work), another (3) two days before the anniversary. And nothing works for me !!

What can be?

My profile:

October 19

Flows:

flow 1

flow 2

flow 3

Badge +2

Hi @milovan9926,

Thanks for sharing this with us.

If these users are already in Klaviyo with birthdays set, when setting up the trigger for your birthday flow, choose Yearly for “When should this flow repeat”. That way these users will receive the email on the same day, (October 1st, for example) of each year.

image4.png

If they are not already in Klaviyo, you will want to first import them using a .csv file, and include a column header in the .csv file for birthday. If the birthday field already exists in your Klaviyo account, ensure that when you upload the file, you are mapping it to the existing birthday field. This will prevent a duplicate custom property from being created. Once the import is done and the birthday flow is set-up, live and using “yearly” for “when to repeat”, these users will automatically be pulled into the birthday flow on the same day each year.

Thanks for being a member of our community!

Can you see above this please

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @milovan9926 

Thank you so much for coming back to the Klaviyo Community for help with this. Please check out @david.to thorough response to your other post where he goes over proper date formatting for this flow to work. It is the missing link to make your date-property trigger flow work.

I also responded with a much more simple answer to another one of your community posts. 

Please read through their comments and all the articles included as it will solve this problem for you quickly. We know how precious time is for growing businesses and want to make sure you have what you need to be successful. Thank you so much for counting on the Klaviyo Community to help you solve this challenge, we appreciate you!