Solved

Instagram feed showing a posted reel as a different size to other posted videos

• 26 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I am wondering if anyone has had the same issue with a posted reel showing as a portrait rectangle opposed to the standard square images of a post. The feed has other videos in the post that are square in the template feed but the posted reel is displaying as a portrait rectangle.

Any advice would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Paul

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 26 November 2021, 22:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hey there @Paul from Concise Digital,

Thanks for posting to the Community regarding this topic! It’s always great to hear about these sort of things so we can get more insight into our product and how other Community members use our features. 

To start, if you are utilizing data feed in the old editor to pull it in, there currently is not any workaround for this issue unfortunately. I would suspect this issue has to do with the dimension and sizing of the IG reel and us causing it to be pulled in will not have everything aligned. Since the aspect ratio of IG reels is different from how IG videos and photos are formatted, this is probably the likely culprit of why it is pulling in like so.

The issue could also be on the hands of IG and how their posts get formatted in. But we can share this feedback with our product team to explore looking into optimizing for their new reels. I would also love to hear from other Community members on how they have dealt with this issue.

We apologize for the inconvneniece.

Alex

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your explanation and I thought it would  have been the dimensions of the reel video. 

I will find the best work around for this problem.

Regards,

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@alex.hong Hi Alex,

I was just following up on the Instagram feed and showing portrait aspect ratio Reels beside square images and videos. Has Klaviyo found a solution to this issue? It would be good if the Instagram feed would only show Reels or only show videos or images to make the Instagram feed look symmetrical on the email template.

Regards,

Paul Murphy

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Paul from Concise Digital,

Thanks for the followup here. Although I cannot give an exact timeline on when a feature like auto cropping will become native to our platform, I can suggest that you remove these reels from your feed design if you want. I believe it would be a setting you will need to select in the RSS Feed Generator.

You should see this "Feed settings" option where you will be able to toggle between showing videos or not.
?name=inline-51541393.png

If you still wanted to show reels, I would recommend you find a third party app/developer to assist in creating a custom email design.

Thank you,

Alex