Solved

Manual integration in Shopify

• 30 March 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

I’m using the Shopify integration on my website. I've connected the Klaviyo app and everything is working well.

However, I want to integrate the Klaviyo script manually, for RGPD purposes.

For this, I've unchecked the “Automatically add Klaviyo onsite javascript (recommended)” box, but the script is loading anyway. I’ve no possibility to remove it.

Is there a problem with this checkbox, or maybe I’ve missed something?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

icon

Best answer by caroline 6 April 2021, 15:42

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @lmbin,

When you are checking your site for the script, are you using an Incognito window/have you cleared your cache recently? It’s possible that you’re looking at a cached version of your site.

Best,

Caroline

Badge +2

Hi @caroline,

even on Incognito mode the script is loading. I tried to enable/disable it once again, no impact…

It seems that Shopify does not care of the state of the configuration, it loads the scripts every time.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @lmbin,

I took a look at your site and was only able to find one Klaviyo script around line 89 within the function asyncLoad(). Can you point me towards the location of the second script?

Best,

Caroline

Badge +2

Hi @caroline ,

thanks for your answer.

In fact, for now there is only one script : the one loaded by Shopify, from the Klaviyo App (I suppose the script from asyncLoad is coming from the Klaviyo App, as I have nothing else related to Klaviyo).

This is the one I wanted to remove by uncheck the “Automatically add Klaviyo onsite javascript (recommended)” box.

Once it will working, I’ll add the script manually once the user consent it.

Thanks,

Kevin

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @lmbin,

I can remove the auto-injected script from my end. Can you confirm that you’d like me to do this?

Thanks,

Caroline

Badge +2

Hi @caroline,

yes, if you could do this it would be perfect. However, one question: could I reactivate it on my own if necessary, or I’ll need to ask you?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @lmbin,

I’ve deleted the script from your site. In the future, you can do this yourself by following the instructions here.

You can re-add the script on your own as well by using the auto-inject setting in Klaviyo or manually adding the JS.

Best,

Caroline

Badge +2

Hi @caroline 

thanks for the feedback, I wasn’t aware of this API, sorry for the inconvenience.

Best,

Kevin