Solved

Tracking Events (Javascript) use previous 'customer_properties'

• 4 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I use Tracking Events (Javascript) and now it uses previous 'customer_properties' and tracked events for previous profiles.

Before sometime it’s working fine and tracked events for the just identified profile but now it’s uses previous ‘customer_properties’.

My JS logic is as follows:

_learnq.push(['identify', {  '$email': email,  '$first_name': firstName,  '$last_name': lastName}]);_learnq.push(['track', 'event1', {  "FirstName" : firstName,  "LastName" : lastName,  "Comment" : comments}]);
_learnq.push(['identify', {  '$email': email1,  '$first_name': firstName1,  '$last_name': lastName1}]);_learnq.push(['track', 'event2', {  "FirstName" : firstName1,  "LastName" : lastName1,  "Comment" : comments1}]);
icon

Best answer by Dov 7 September 2021, 18:01

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Sourabh_Jain,

Thanks for sharing this with the Klaviyo community.

The $email field is the unique identifier for the user. If you want to lookup the contact, or update something on the contact's profile using the Track or Identify API, you reference this unique identifier. It is not necessary to use the other fields in the call. If you are having any further difficulty making the track call, I recommend checking out the thread below for some solutions.