Solved

Dedicated Link Tracking / False setting, Support not responding

• 19 April 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi there,

last week Monday I wanted to set up Dedicated Click Tracking according this article: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001550572-Setting-Up-Dedicated-Click-Tracking

After adding the described setting I contacted the support. On Thursday I got confirmation that the  records will be activated PLUS the information that SSL is enable – but nothing has been prepared for SSL on our end and unfortunately the instructions here: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052205052 do not give a solution because none of the three methods apply to us.

This leads to the problem that our links in the mailings currently don’t work and we cannot send any emails.

Since Thursday I haven’t received any response on my support requests and follow-ups – including my requests to roll back on the whole Dedicated Click Tracking to be able to use the services again!

Long story short, as I fail to receive feedback from the support I hope someone of the Klaviyo team here can help me out so that we’re back in business!!!

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by stephan 21 April 2022, 09:39

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @stephan,

So sorry to hear that you have had issues setting up your Dedicated Click Tracking.

I will look to see if there is anything to do regarding your Support cases. In terms of setup, we are limited in account access here in the Community so we aren’t equipped to go into your account and manage the technical aspect that this problem is facing.

I am assuming that the help article steps do not apply to you because you are running an unlisted client for the SSL section. Do you mind sharing any guidance or advice given by that provider? 

When you say that nothing has been prepared for SSL on your end, can you elaborate? Are you stating that you have failed to set something up or you expected further assistance on some step?

Thanks!
Alex

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @alex.hong ,

Thanks for your reply.

Exactly, the help article steps didn’t apply for me as we’re working with A2 Hosting, using cPanel for configuration.

The first step (creating CNAME entries) was of course easily possible to follow and after that I got in touch with your support team. If I understood it correctly, they already at that point made the setting that SSL is being used?! Maybe it is something else but I can’t see any settings – however, the links in the test-emails don’t work since then and there hasn’t been any feedback on my questions and follow-ups.

I’ve been in touch with the a2hosting Support if they have an idea for the correct settings, also pointing out your help articles.
Their reply was:

“[…] please note that the article describes the process to add an SSL using a CDN, unfortunately I'm not familiar with "klaviyo" and the best option would be to contact their support directly and ask for further assistance.

Also note that our autoSSL uses a DCV verification, and to proceed with the SSL installation, a domain/subdomain must point to A2. Since the subdomains (trk.aboutcompanions.com and 161779.aboutcompanions.com) point to klaviyo, the system will not be able to proceed with the SSL installation.”

I tried some things but no success, in the end I deleted the CNAME entries and asked the Klaviyo Support numerous times to roll back on the setting that I’m at least where I was 10 days ago and can send emails again. We’ve got some campaigns in the pipeline that urgently need to go out before we try figuring this out!

(of course on the long run if someone has a hint how to set up the Dedicated Click tracking with a2hosting / cPanel, we’d be curious about it. But the priorities shifted…)

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@alex.hong as also the Chat Support is offline and another Support Ticket stays unanswered, I would be enormously grateful if you could reach out to someone!
I’ve experienced such a fast and good support in this community that I’m really surprised how unprofessional the support is. Sorry, that it landed on your desk now…

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi there, as there’s also still no reply from Support I have to push this topic here again – running out of options. What’s going on there!?!

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @stephan,

I’ve reached out to the respective teams regarding this issue as this is a matter than cannot be resolved just through a public facing profile like the Community. Our Support teams will have the means to go into your account and provide advanced technical support. 

I apologize for all the trouble you have had and lack of communication. I personally know what it is like for slow support responses as I also have been on the other end lately with my personal life haha.

Upon checking your case it appears a solution / response had come through so hopefully things are better now!

Have a good rest of your day,

Alex

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @alex.hong ,

the Support team has indeed now moved our account back to use a shared click tracking domain for the time being as requested, so the links are functional again.

It’s been really frustrating over the past 10 days, we lost all Easter campaigns etc. But anyway.

I’ll tackle the actual issue of setting up dedicated click tracking another time.
Thanks for your support
Stephan

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Glad to hear @stephan,

Apologies you had to run around back and forth without a direct solution. I am currently facing a similar situation with some other accounts so I am glad to hear you have seemed to gotten things figured out for now.

Wishing you the best,

Alex