Solved

Dedicated Sending Domain - How do I know the warming period is over?

• 9 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi friends,

It’s been almost 3 weeks since I set up a dedicated sending domain. Since then, my flows remained active (avg daily open rate of 50%) and I’ve sent 5 campaings with more than 35% open rate for engaged audiences.

How do I know when it’s time to relax a little and send campaings to a broader audience?

icon

Best answer by alison.gori 10 February 2021, 20:33

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @vitbarreto

It’s great you’ve set up your dedicated sending domain and are seeing such strong open rates! Warming can take a few weeks up to a few months, depending how frequently you send, and how large your list is.

When you first starting sending campaigns to warm your account, Klaviyo typically recommends that you create and target to segments based on past email engagement over 30, 60, 90, 120, and 180 days. You will use these when sending over time, starting with your 30 day segment.

If you send to inactive subscribers, you will risk of having your emails moved to spam by ESPs (like Google, Hotmail, etc.). Here is a guide that explains the warming process in more detail, and you can find more information on how to create engaged segments here. You’ll should always ensure you’re only sending campaigns to contacts who have opted in. Another tip to consider if you’ve already expanded to 180 days of email engagement is to consider pulling people into your segments based on certain behaviors like recently starting a checkout, placing an order, etc!

As you’re expanding your campaign targeting criteria, make sure you continue to monitor campaign performance based on Klaviyo’s performance benchmarks.