Solved

Emails going to spam after change hosting

• 12 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

I recently changed my hosting server and now all our klaviyo emails are going to spam. Even emails like welcome, abandon cart flows etc are ending up in spam when it previously didn’t used to

Our open rates have dropped dramatically.

Is there anything I need to do to fix this issue? Should I re-verify the domain and hosting on klaviyo?

icon

Best answer by Dov 15 March 2022, 14:59

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Resparkle,

Thanks for sharing this question with us in the community.

Can you confirm that since you changed hosting providers you added the CNAME + TXT records from Klaviyo to the new host? After doing so, you should re-verify the domain and hosting on Klaviyo.

Badge +2

How do I do that please?

Customer service had me going round in circles for over a week!

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Resparkle,

If you have a look at our help center documentation on generating DNS records (here) you would then enter those records into your new hosting provider (process described here). We have hyperlinks to various hosting providers with guides on how to manage DNS records on a provider-by-provider basis.

Badge +2

For your info, we already have DNS set up. The root domain details are the same as before. 

And we have now re-entered the records to the new hosting server. 

I am unable to find where I’m supposed to re-verify my domain/hosting? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Resparkle,

Thanks for your reply.

I noticed you were recently in communication with a member of our deliverability & compliance team. They will be able to dig in further to assist with your specific case.

Thanks for being a member of our community.