Solved

How to deal with Autoresponders and Out of Office Replies

• 4 May 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi folks, 

What are you all doing to filter autoresponders, bounced notification and out of office replies? I want emails to reply to my customer service email address, but i don’t need my customer service team spending hours deleting emails after a big campaign.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Dov 4 May 2021, 16:33

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @brendonbrown,

Thank you for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community.

While there is not a way for Klaviyo to prevent an auto-responder email from being dispatched back to the “reply-to” address altogether, I recommend settings up filter(s) on your inbox to manage these messages directly. You can find a guide to achieve this for Gmail here. In a nutshell:

1. You set up a filter to automatically delete emails (or sort emails to another inbox) with subject line “Automatic reply”.
  2. Repeat and set up new filters containing other words which indicate it is an automatic reply, such as “Out of office”. 

See some examples in the screenshot below:

Also, I assume your customer service email address is also your default “reply-to” address. If not, you have the option to use a separate Reply-To email, so all of the automatic replies can go to a different inbox. When you are scheduling a campaign you will see the option when configuring the content.

I hope this is helpful. 

Thanks and have a great day.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thank you, I will keep all this in mind.