Solved

No Time To Warm List

• 22 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hi all, I switched from Mailchimp back in December. I thought it would be a perfect time to warm my list as December and January are usually slow months for me. The thing is, I first had a bad flare up of tendonitis and right after came down with the flu that turned into pneumonia and a hospital stay. So, I was not able to work on my business at all the past 8 weeks. I’m now back to work and things were so slow I really need to have a store sale to get some income coming in. I don’t have time to wait a month to warm up my list.

What’s the worst that can happen if I just email my sale to my whole list? 

I suppose I can just send out sale notices to my most engaged audience? I’m not even sure how to do that. I’ll have to do some reading.

Any thoughts and suggestions appreciated. I just really can’t wait a month to do a sale campaign. 

icon

Best answer by Lucas 23 February 2022, 16:18

View original

3 replies

Badge +4

How big is your list? How often do you send?

My list is around 6100. I usually send out about once a week. Sometimes less -  more during a sale. Right now, I haven’t sent out a newsletter in around 9 weeks due to illnesses. Also, I’ve only sent out a few emails with Klaviyo to a very small portion of my list. I have a new subscriber funnel with one email. 

Could you expand on the “Call to action to drive engagement?” I was going to send out a newsletter letting people know about new subscriber freebies - so that will generate clicks. Should I actually tell people it’s a new email service to me and ask them to …. do something?

Badge +1

How big is your list? How often do you send?

there might be a slight bump, but I would send out an email letting people know about the changes with a call to action to drive engagement (clicks, replies, and even market it as important).

Consistency is the best thing, and sometimes you just need to get started. There’s that old proverb that the best time to warm up an email list is last year. The second best time is now.

Badge +4

I’ve read on several articles (not Klaviyo) that if you are NOT using your own software to send out emails that warming up the list isn’t as important because they are used to getting emails from the ISPs of the biggest autoresponders (Like Klaviyo)