Solved

Why are my Deliverability + Open Rates way down on Today's Campaigns?

• 11 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

Hello!

We send a a Friday campaign weekly to a few of our segments; open rates are pretty consistent. Successful Deliveries is usually in the 99.xx% range. Today  deliverability dropped to ~95.% for each of our campaigns and our open rates and placed order rates are approximately half what they usually are.  I’ve double checked and the segmentation is correct.  I’m including screenshots; the first campaign in each screen shot is today’s campaign so you can benchmark it against the previous’ weeks’ campaigns.

Open to ideas and suggestion, please-- particularly as Klaviyo staff are off for Veteran’s Day.

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 14 November 2022, 19:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @itsbec

Thanks for sharing your question with us! 

A drop of 4-5% is not too out of the ordinary, as successful deliveries tracks when an inbox provider has “accepted” the email so the percentage might be lower than the recipient count at first but theoretically should catch up. With that being said, are you still seeing the same numbers today? 

Do you mind sharing your sending strategy as well? I’m curious to know the reasoning behind sending to a different segment each week it seems? 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge +5

I appreciate the insight, Taylor. 

Today’s campaigns just went out and seem to be performing as expected.

To answer your question, our menu changes weekly, and so our customers typically purchase from us weekly. We send to the same demographic of customer each week, but the segments update weekly by purchase history. (ie, if you haven’t yet purchased from us this week you’re included in the segment, and if you’ve already purchased from us you’re excluded from the segment… until next week, when the menu updates again). Hope that answers your question!

-Becky 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @itsbec,

My advice would be to also check the discrepancies between email domain, maybe there is some deliverability issue with some specific email service provider.

---
kind regards
Jakub