Solved

API - Get count of subscribers in List or Segment

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I haven’t been able to find any endpoint where I can retrieve the count of subscribers to a given list or segment. 

Trying to get a count from api/v2/group/LIST_OR_SEGMENT_ID/members/all would take too long and probably trip the rate limit with my list of 160K+ subscibers.

Seems like it would make sense to be included in the Get List Info call.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Dov 13 May 2021, 15:14

View original

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @mkren47,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Klaviyo Community.

That is excellent feedback. I have submitted it as a proposal for our product team to consider implementing in the future.

In the meantime, I’d recommend exporting the list(s) and segment(s) in question through a .csv file as another way to retrieve both a subscriber count and all details pertaining to those profiles. Also, keep in mind that only Klaviyo users with the Owner, Admin, or Analyst roles have the ability to export lists and segments.

Thanks and have a wonderful Thursday.

Badge +3

Hi,

I would very much also like this feature to be added to the API for segments for our BI setup.

Badge +1

Hi,

Looking for the same feature as we’d like to put the active profiles count as an indicator in our BI dashboard. 😃

Badge

any update on this coming?

Badge

+1 on this feature, any updates? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @mkren47 @larindom @heroarts.corfin @1stevengrant @viddepidde,

Quick update for everyone - the V3 API will give you the ability to pull the subscription status for all profiles in a given list or segment. We’re looking at a timeframe of Q4 22’ to Q1 23’ for this particular feature. 

Thanks for being community members and making the community a place to share ideas and inspiration.

Badge

Hi @Dov, thanks for the update. Is this available yet?

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

We also need list size for our use case, I think a simple count attribute on the List object would suffice:

{
"type": "list",
"id": "Y6nRLr",
"attributes": {
"count": 12627,
"name": "Newsletter"
}
}

That should open the door for some powerful filtering too!

https://a.klaviyo.com/api/lists/?filter=greater-or-equal(count,1000)

Hi! Q2 2023 here! Any update on this one?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @david_hbm!

There’s no update at this time, but I’ll tag you and notify the thread as soon there is!

Best,

Brian

Hi @david_hbm!

There’s no update at this time, but I’ll tag you and notify the thread as soon there is!

Best,

Brian

Also Waiting for this feature

Still waiting a update, adding a “total” or “count” in the response is a quick solution that work for everyone

Badge +2

Am I missing something?  Is this possible yet?  We need to see a count for each list/segment without getting the entire list of like 38000 profiles.  

Badge +1

Need update on this. When will this feature will be available?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @kenw232 @bproulx @juanfdp!

The ‘profile count’ field is now available in the response of Get List and Get Segment, as shown in the example response here:

Best,
Brian

Badge +2

I don’t see this at all.  I simply do not get a profile_count.  I made sure I’m using API release 2023-08-15 but all I see is:

Listinfo (2023-08-15): Array
(
[data] => Array
(
[type] => list
[id] => YzT7bf
[attributes] => Array
(
[name] => tx store list
[created] => 2022-10-21T21:37:16+00:00
[updated] => 2022-10-21T21:37:16+00:00
)

[relationships] => Array

No profile_count at all.  What might I be missing?  I’m calling https://a.klaviyo.com/api/lists/YzT7bf/

And this profile_count should be added to the https://a.klaviyo.com/api/lists/ call too.  I get all my lists, but I still have to loop through them all to get a profile_count.

Badge +1

Hi @kenw232 @bproulx @juanfdp!

The ‘profile count’ field is now available in the response of Get List and Get Segment, as shown in the example response here:

Best,
Brian

I also can’t see it using the latest 2023-08-15 version.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @kenw232 and @bproulx!

If you’re not seeing the profile count it’s because you have to elect to include the additional-fields[list] Query Param for profile count when making the call. See the example here in the developer portal:

This will adjust the URL to look like this:

https://a.klaviyo.com/api/lists/YzT7bf/?additional-fields[list]=profile_count

Best,

Brian

Badge +1

Hi @kenw232 and @bproulx!

If you’re not seeing the profile count it’s because you have to elect to include the additional-fields[list] Query Param for profile count when making the call. See the example here in the developer portal:

This will adjust the URL to look like this:

https://a.klaviyo.com/api/lists/YzT7bf/?additional-fields[list]=profile_count

Best,

Brian

Thanks it works!

Badge +2

Can I use this ?additional-fields[list]=profile_count on all the /lists/ listing too?  Or do this only work on a single /lists/Yzt7bf/ type of thing?

Badge +1

Can I use this ?additional-fields[list]=profile_count on all the /lists/ listing too?  Or do this only work on a single /lists/Yzt7bf/ type of thing?

Only on a single list

Badge +2

Only on a single list

This is bad.  Our customer allows us to view their lists/segments for our web app.  We need to show the profile count for each.  They have about 100 lists.

Rate limits when using the additional-fields[segment]=profile_count parameter in your API request:
Burst: 1/s
Steady: 15/m

So under the old API I could hit https://a.klaviyo.com/api/v1/lists... to get all the lists and a person_count was included.  Great.  It only took like 1 second to get 100 lists and their counts.

Now under the new V3 API I must separately call each /lists/xyzabc to get its profile_count.  But the rate limit forces me to do this as low as 15 hits a minute.. so to list 100 lists + their counts now takes close to two minutes.  The user just sits there waiting. 

Absolutely ridiculous and makes our solution useless.  Where it was great before.  Why are you making things worse? 

Badge +1

@Brian Turcotte Hello!
I’m able to get the profile count on a list but when i try with the segment endpoint i get a 400. Isn’t it supposed to work with segments too?

Thanks!

EDIT: NVM, on the segments endpoint i had ?additional-fields[list]=profile_count. But should be ?additional-fields[segment]=profile_count. My bad 😁