Solved

I need advice on integrating WooCommerce shipment Tracking information

• 5 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
  • Active Contributor II
  • 16 replies

Nine months ago another member asked this question and got a “we don’t take this information in klaviyo from WooCommerce”. That was nine months ago.

So here are a few questions that I would appriciate answers to;

• Would it be so hard for Klaviyo to provide this ‘out of the box’?
  • Is there a commercial or technical reason that the tracking number is not available in Klaviyo?
  • Is there a justifiable reason why it took me nearly two weeks of searching the Klaviyo website, community and tech support to find out what MUST be common knowledge?
  • Why does Klaviyo recommend using paid for (monthly!) platforms AfterShip or ShopWired to enable the passing of this data to Klaviyo, when the information is already in WooCommerce?
icon

Best answer by Lazar96 27 October 2022, 10:32

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Eamonn,

Thanks for sharing this question with us.

My colleague @David To recently replied to your post addressing the topic below:

Please have a look there for an update on this. Thanks for being a community member.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Dov, 

Your answer to my question above is inexplicable. Did you actually read my post?

Your suggestion is that I read the very same community answer that I quoted ​!

Can you please please reread my post and, if possible, answer the questions that I have asked? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Eamonn,

Thanks for your follow-up reply.

I did read your post and I intentionally linked you back to your original post because my colleague had replied to your follow-up questions in that same thread. This was the reason why I re-directed you back to that thread. Beyond his reply, I do not have any further information to communicate on the topic. I hope that helps clear things up.

Thanks for being a community member.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Or in other words, Klaviyo cannot ingest tracking data from woocommerce…….

Given the total run around that I have got from Klaviyo on the matter of tracking numbers I probably will not be a ‘community member’ much longer, never mind a paying customer.

Badge +1

Or in other words, Klaviyo cannot ingest tracking data from woocommerce…….

Given the total run around that I have got from Klaviyo on the matter of tracking numbers I probably will not be a ‘community member’ much longer, never mind a paying customer.

It's a shortfall with Woocommerce really not Klaviyo. 

There is no tracking number meta field in Woocommerce out of the box. If you have one now it will have been added by yourself or another third party plugin/service. 

The problem Klaviyo has is that they cannot setup their system to pull the tracking meta if it is never in the same place. On your site it may be ‘tracking-number’ on another site the field ID may be ‘shipment-tracking’ for example. 

Platforms such as Shopify have standardised fields for this which is why Klaviyo can set up their system to pull this information. 

So you will need to get Klaviyo API to pull the custom metric or if that is not viable for you, then there’s the platforms they suggested as these are easier for those without API experience.