Solved

Tracking the product view on headless (wordpress) architecture

• 24 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello,

i am trying to set up the Product View tracking in Klavyio.

My architecture is a wordpress site displaying products and then Shopify handling the cart.

I successfully was able to track the “ Active on Site ” event when i go on the website with the ?utm_email parameter

I followed the instructions on the Integrate a platform without prebuild:

https://developers.klaviyo.com/en/v1-2/docs/guide-to-integrating-a-platform-without-a-pre-built-klaviyo-integration

i have been looking in this forum and found this answer but it does not work for me

i cannot get the “Viewed Product” action to get tracked when i browse the product pages.

Please if anyone can help me out.

Thanks a lot

icon

Best answer by Llebielle 25 May 2023, 19:50

View original

2 replies

Badge

Hello

yes, i did.

In the end i found where the issue was. The _learnq object was not instancied properly due to lots of js and jquery firing everywhere randomly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Llebielle!

Have you added the Viewed Product tracking snippet that is referenced here?

It’s also helpful to check that the snippet is added the correct place, either to your product page template or associated JavaScript.

Also, if you haven’t seen it yet, here’s our Help Center Article on troubleshooting Viewed Product tracking:

There’s a plethora of troubleshooting scenarios in that article that may help us narrow down the issue, so I would recommend reading through that as a next step.

I hope this helps get you started, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian