Solved

Body html Liquid syntax error: Unknown tag 'elsif'

• 19 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I know there have been posts about this, but none of them are any bit helpful. What the heck am I doing wrong? I tried even learning some HTML to fix this myself, but as you can imagine its not an overnight thing. Here’s my problem; I’m importing the Shipment Out for Delivery template, and I am getting this error. Its a “elsif” statement, and from what I've learned it seems to be caused by improper usage of the statement by the developer of this template. Below I will include the HTML code in which the error is embedded in.

<td align="left" class="kl-text" style="font-size:0px;padding:0px;padding-top:0px;padding-right:18px;padding-bottom:20px;padding-left:18px;word-break:break-word;">
<div style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue',Arial;font-size:14px;font-style:normal;font-weight:400;letter-spacing:0px;line-height:1.3;text-align:left;color:#000000;"><div style="text-align: center;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Your full order is {% elsif fulfillment.item_count > 1 %}<span style="line-height: 1.6em;">{% if fulfillment_status == 'fulfilled' %}</span><span style="line-height: 1.6em;">The last items in your order are</span><span style="line-height: 1.6em;">{% else %}</span><span style="line-height: 1.6em;">Some items in your order are</span><span style="line-height: 1.6em;">{% endif %}</span><span style="line-height: 1.6em;">{% else %} </span><span style="line-height: 1.6em;">{% if fulfillment_status == 'fulfilled' %}</span><span style="line-height: 1.6em;">The last item in your order is</span><span style="line-height: 1.6em;">{% else %}</span><span style="line-height: 1.6em;">One item in your order is{% endif %}</span><span style="line-height: 1.6em;">{% endif %} now out for delivery.</span></span></div></div>

I do not have the brain power to try and tediously figure out what someone who knows way more than me did wrong. Please someone who does know a lot about this help me solve my issue. Thanks.

icon

Best answer by chelsgrove 30 November 2022, 04:11

View original

4 replies

Badge +1

Solved. Nevermind, I talked to someone who knew HTML.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @ChristmasSeasonal,

I’m glad you got this cleared up.

Would you mind sharing the solution here as well so others who may run into the same issue can resolve?

Thanks for being a community member.

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

I think the main issue is if anything, elsif is spelled incorrectly, elseif might have been the fix. But I also think there is some other logic here that needs help. @ChristmasSeasonal would love to see the updated html!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

If a syntax error appears, check to make sure that the parentheses are matched up correctly. If one end is missing or lined up incorrectly, then type in the correction and check to make sure that the code can be compiled. Keeping the code as organized as possible also helps.