Solved

Can't paste in a text block

• 6 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2
  • Contributor I
  • 0 replies

I can’t paste in the email template text block.

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 6 August 2021, 18:26

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @jdan ,

Thanks for your post in the Community and I hope to help you find the solution to your problem!

To start, I would say that it could be a bug on the current browser you are using and to possibly restart the browser and log in and out of Klaviyo to see if that would change anything. Some users have mentioned in the past that using Firefox sometimes does not allow users to paste into their text boxes for email templates. A workaround to this is to actually copy-paste from the source code, which can be accessed from > click on the Text block > "Source" button from the left tab > Then Copy Paste within the <p><b>.........</b></p> syntax.  Also please make sure to update the Firefox browser to the latest version which may help with this issue. 

Secondly, are you by chance copying/pasting text from an external resource (ie. word doc or website)?

If so, try and paste in Plain text first, then use the Klaviyo editor tools to customize your font size, color, line-height, etc. The reason being is when you paste in content you are also potentially pasting in unwanted HTML that has inlined CSS to force the styling of your text which can make it difficult to customize once in the editor.

The Plain Text tool is the little clipboard with the T icon:
?name=inline1652595920.png

For more information on template styling, please see:
https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005082447-The-Email-Template-Editor ​

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Let me know if you have question on this!

Alex