Solved

Custom HTML drag-n-drop templates

• 22 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2
  • Active Contributor I
  • 10 replies

Hi there,

I’m getting started with custom drag-n-drop templates. In my super-basic first try, I’ve inserted a text block like this:

<tr>

<td align="center" data-klaviyo-region="true" data-klaviyo-region-width-pixels="600">

<div class="klaviyo-block klaviyo-text-block">

<p>text/drag drop block here</p>

</div>

</td>

</tr>

When I create the template and use it to create a sample email, I can edit the content fine, but the tools to copy/delete are missing. I just see a triangle pointer to the left of the block where the tools usually appear. It doesn’t seem likely that those are disabled in custom templates, so I’m probably missing something easy.

**********UPDATE*******

I just noticed that when I go to the mobile view, the copy/delete tools are there. I guess my question is still somewhat relevant as it would be nice to understand what’s happening.

******UPDATE #2******

I just realized that if I add a “center” attribute to the containing table tag, the whole thing moves away from the left margin and the tools become visible.

Thanks!

Don

icon

Best answer by David To 22 June 2021, 15:44

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Don,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Glad to hear you were able to troubleshoot and solve your own issue and that adding a “center” attribute allowed you to utilize the copy and delete tools once the block was moved away from the left margins!

Thanks for being a member of the Klaviyo Community!

David