Solved

Dynamic coupon code expiry (Shopify)

• 14 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

I am adding dynamic coupon codes to my flows. If I set activation at send time, does that mean the first time the coupon code was sent? or the most recent time it was sent (in the reminders)?

Need to know so I can set up the expiry dates properly. 

icon

Best answer by Kylie W 14 February 2023, 03:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +27

Welcome to Klaviyo Community @Serranopepper 

Thank you for your great question!

The activation time for the Coupon Code is at the time of first send, not subsequent reminders. 

Here is just a few tips -

Tip 1: Remember that coupon's expiration will always be 24 hours beyond what you set in the expiration date field, this is to allow for any delay that may happen during delivery. 

Tip 2:  In Klaviyo, dates are set in the UTC time zone. However, Shopify sets the expiration date and time based on the Shopify store’s timezone, so you may see different expiration dates in Klaviyo and Shopify for the same coupon.

Here is a useful link about Coupons for Shopify
https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006155388-How-to-create-unique-coupon-codes-for-Shopify

Please let me know if you have any further questions and I will be happy to help.

Thanks,
Kylie

Badge

Hello everyone!

To a Klaviyo dynamin coupon which expires after certain amount of days and has % off , can I add free shipping? If I do, how can i do it? 

Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Poscofamilia,

Unlike Shopify built coupons, when creating dynamic coupons within Klaviyo, you aren’t able to offer multiple discounts. I.E. percentage off the order + free shipping. You would only be able to create your coupon with one discount type.

David